For those campers out there - Sleeping Bags

tolf

I generally find a firm Silent Night mattress with memory foam top layer, 600 count Eygptian cotton sheets, a warm Jacussi bath and a well stocked wine cellar work very well.

Did I mention I live 5 miles from Stoneleigh? :p

I'm only 30 miles away was thinking of making a dash for it. Not sure I can drink anyway as the Dr just prescribed me naproxin and I'm guessing beer is not a good combo for it....

Allways spend more on the bag than the tent. Great post Tolf!

My tent was a fiver at a car boot sale and I got the bag for free.  That's me screwed!

I'm only 30 miles away was thinking of making a dash for it. Not sure I can drink anyway as the Dr just prescribed me naproxin and I'm guessing beer is not a good combo for it....

I'm on Naproxin at the moment and drink isn't an issue, consumed responsibly of course!

No one's even mentioned hydrostatic head.............

...........thank God!

I generally find a firm Silent Night mattress with memory foam top layer, 600 count Eygptian cotton sheets, a warm Jacussi bath and a well stocked wine cellar work very well.

Did I mention I live 5 miles from Stoneleigh? :p

Perhaps you shouldn't have mentioned that Scot. You could end up with a lot of new friends!!

Ian good initial post, very useful.

Do you mean the inner hangy liner thing inside a tent Chris?

The outside bit is the flysheet. The inner hangy thing in the inner tent.

is there any particular thing to consider when buying a tent? I was just having a look at go outdoors and apart from buying one of their discount cards for £5 to get the decent deal the choice is quite large. id only ever use it on my own so I was thinking of one of these

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear-pitch-and-go-ss-2-berth-tent-black-orange-p108998

or :)

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/qualityhotelwarwick.en-gb.html?aid=318615;label=New_English_EN_GBIE_5226315025-CjikBCfb7dsgl%2Aw4ETKCPgS73336468945%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap1t1%3Aneg;sid=4588fbd376f4c3bd93aa4e9f4fd4a8d6;dcid=12;checkin=2016-05-01;checkout=2016-05-02;dest_id=-2600892;dest_type=city;dist=0;group_adults=2;highlighted_blocks=101984_88647228_0_1;no_rooms=1;room1=A%2CA;sb_price_type=total;spdest=ci%2F-2600892;spdist=3.2;srfid=88e7e414b0d1c4f5bafab8fcc5f0a52e3b7c1e1aX13;type=total;ucfs=1&

Depends on your budget, how big you want the tent etc

I have a Mountain Hardware tent, sleeps 2 very warm and fits in the foot well of the westie. The smaller the tent the quicker it warms up but disadvantage of not being able to stand up ( unless you are 3 foot !)

Go to a tent shop, spend time looking, don't buy the first one you see, plenty of research because the tent should last you years

Depends on your budget, how big you want the tent etc

I have a Mountain Hardware tent, sleeps 2 very warm and fits in the foot well of the westie. The smaller the tent the quicker it warms up but disadvantage of not being able to stand up ( unless you are 3 foot !)

Go to a tent shop, spend time looking, don't buy the first one you see, plenty of research because the tent should last you years

Bit like buying a car then. :) ... only got tm night. Friday is pub night sat I'm there :)

Does prosecco count?

Nope! Tarts drink!!

• Like 1