The (un)Official 2016 Northants Convoy to Stoneleigh™

Quinten

Yes ladies and gents, the year has come around quickly and for the second year running I will be organising The (un)Official 2016 Northants Convoy to Stoneleigh™.

The route will take us from the home of League winners The Cobblers, all the way to the home of The National Kit Car Show, featuring the scenic sights of Northamptonshire and Warwickshire.

The show takes place on the Sunday and Monday, so although I would like to go on the Sunday, if the weather is horrific then, I will consider the Monday instead.  Final confirmation when the forecast is out.

The gates open at 9.30am, so I would like to leave at 8.30am.  If you like your McMuffin, then we can meet a little earlier and have a cheeky Maccy D's beforehand.  Can you even reach the drive-through windows in the Westfield?! ;)

The route proposed is below, but I am open to suggestions (Google Maps route description)

zeDAbOd.jpg

Q.

Hi Quinten

I'm guessing that Richard would be more than happy for this to be the 'official' convoy :)

If I can get my car sorted out in time, I hope to join you on the Sunday, weather permitting. Failing that, I'll be looking for a passenger ride if possible

Nice to see a route with some B roads after Southam. :)

• Like 1

Hi Quinten

I'm guessing that Richard would be more than happy for this to the 'official' convoy :)

If I can get my car sorted out in time, I hope to join you on the Sunday, weather permitting. Failing that, I'll be looking for a passenger ride if possible

My son will probably taking up the space, although I may do both days and get some kind of compromise going ;) What's needed on the car? Need a hand?

Hi Quinten

Count me in whuch ever day you head up.

Brilliant, would be good to see you again :yes:

I am hoping to go on the Sunday if the weather is dry (don't really care about the cold). I'm working on Monday so Sunday is my only option.

I don't fancy taking the tin top if it is wet either, the parking in the field for non kit cars would not go well for me. 

I'd go in the tin top, but only as a very last resort if both days are going to be a total wash out.

Westy for me no matter what the weather for me. I doubt it will be worse than last year!!

• Like 1

The forecast is looking better everyday :yes:

In case of emergencies, or last minute alterations, my mobile number is 07971 125839. We'll be waiting at the carpark in front of the stadium, and we're leaving 8.30, unless I've heard a compelling reason to wait a bit longer ;)

Although the rain is currently pounding on our windows, I'm happy to report that it does look to be a dry day on Sunday :yes: Drove past the Cobblers car park in the afternoon and noticed they have a barrier, which may or may not be in operation on Sunday morning. If they are closed, then we go to plan B; the Cineworld car park, which has no such restrictions :d