Gurston Down Videos

B.RAD

Not a Westfield but still huge fun! My best run was a 43.89

• Like 1

Nice one BCF....I always have a soft spot for minis as my first car was a Morris 998 cooper.....would be worth a lot more now than the 100 quid I paid for it then lol although it would have rusted away to nothing probably...

Love the enthusiasm at the end mate...looked like a tidy run and the car looked pretty quick for what it was. How did you do in class?

Mart.

Hi Mart, thanks for your reply, I love classic minis and that one is an absolute hoot! I came dead last in class :d ha ha! I transferred my entry from my Westfield to the mini at the last minute so ended up in the up to 2 litre roadgoing class, with loads of serious hillclimb cars. I had a great battle with another mini though, I finished 0.4 seconds behind him which I was pretty pleased with since it was my first time driving the car.

I have since found out that the guy I was battling is the class record holder there and has 50% more power than I did, so I'm now even more pleased! He has a 1380 with 154bhp vs our 104bhp :)

• Like 2

Blimey BCF,

That's a good result then mate, and the only way you can look at it if the other cars in the class were that much more powerful...

104 bhp is a good spec for a mini, let alone 154....that must be some A series...

Really enjoyed the vid mate....keep em coming!

Mart.

• Like 1

Cheers Mart, glad you enjoyed it :t-up: Next event is back at Gurston in July and I've got a plan now I know where I'm going and how it handles! :d :D

Barny

Hi Barny,

I might try and make that then and see if I can catch up with you in the paddock and have a nose at the car if that's ok?

Mart.

• Like 1