Harewood WEEKEND

Terry Everall

There is the Harewood Arms about 1 mile away and I think food is ok there

The are toilets, water etc but fairly basic

Don't know about the dog issue

Martin

I spectated and camped there last year week after France.

As you drive from Harewood the course is down a turning to the right.  It is not the same entrance as Harewood house itself. As you approach the paddock there is a huge field on the right for camping and competitors. Public parking is on the left.

Very flat but if grass is long might not want to drive the Westy on it although there is a track running around the edge. I recall there was a marshal there with a dog and camper but I would call and double check this.

One end of the field backs onto the paddock with a hedge separating.  At the top of the paddock there is a large toilet block with hot and cold water and showers.

There was a temporary marquee that was selling food at lunchtime and an ice cream van ;-)

In the evening there is a pub about 2 miles down the road in Harewood but they stopped doing food at around 8pm.  We went to Wetherby about 5 miles away that had numerous pubs, restaurants and chippys.

Overall I was really impressed by the venue and location.  Stunning views on a clear day. Michelle would like it and great for spectating. Not Happy I had to cancel my entry for a wedding !!

David

Looking for a SS courier....

Anyone going to Harewood who would have room to bring a (dismantled) tyre rack back to anywhere nearish to Cirencester or Weybridge?

It should be able to be strapped to a trailer and even fit under a car (I think)

Paul

If one of the Herts guys can get it back to our area I am happy to take it back to the Cotswolds when I next visit my mum. 

David

Martin

Remember that you cant take motorhomes into the paddock only a trailer or support ( tow car)

Brilliant thanks David

I may well be able to bring Paul's tyre rack back to MK just waiting for some dimensions.

Martin 

Once dismantled it should fit. The max width is 85cms and the max height (or length) of the side pieces is 4ft. On my trailer there would be room to carry it under the car on the centre deck with room to spare. The two long cross pieces should fit on the deck next to the wheels. Ill bring a couple of extra ratchet straps to hold them down.

The dog should be ok in the motorhome as long as it is inside while the event is on. There is usually catering during the day as its a BHC round but they charge accordingly. Don't know about local pubs as most folk just get together in each others vans.

Ill be arriving Friday night but won't be staying Saturday night as i have another function to attend, so early start for me Sunday morning.

Thanks Mark

I'm sure I can fit the tyre rack in so let's just say I'll take it for Paul

Paul

If one of the Herts guys can get it back to our area I am happy to take it back to the Cotswolds when I next visit my mum. 

David

Thanks guys

I will liaise once it has arrive in MK. No plans at the moment to be in that area but things change.

Paul

Looks like I'm in but only shown on the BHC entry list and not on the open (7th)? I will email Jackie later to confirm.

If you do speak to her please tell her that Mark Anson should be in class 37C on both days and the lists should be the same names for Sat and Sun

"Bud" Mark...your name now does appear in class 37C on both days so they must have changed it

I hope to make it to this weekend to spectate and catch up with you all. May only be for the one day. Is it the Sunday when the British Hillclimb championship takes place? I know they are a bit of a pain for the other competitors, but quite good for the spectators.

• 2 weeks later...

What a pantomime! The British hillclimb competitors wasted half the day, and all they were doing was practicing for their competition tomorrow. :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Sad to see so few Westfields competing on what is a first class track. :(  :(