CannonRun 3000 starting Manchester 22/4/16

AndrewBClarke

I think I am going a bit mad. Booked my Westfield on to this organised car event starting in Manchester city centre on the 22/4/16 and travelling via Peak District to Nottingham then via Lincolnshire Wolds to Louth and then ending in Grantham Hall on the 24/4/16. Reason for going is that my 23 year old son really wanted to do it and we met up with the organisers at Autosport this year. Personally worried about being the oldest person there and with the only car without roof, traction control, airbags etc. Anyone else with a Westfield want to go and keep us company? £199 each seems to cover 'parties' and somewhere good to lay your head - but probably not food. 5 places left. Should be a laugh!

Can be found on Facebook or www.thecannonrun.com

Hopefully someone with another 'proper' sports car will join us and show these plastic 600Bhp Lambos etc what is best of British.

• Like 2

Thought it might be linked to the cannon run 3000 lot. I remember watching dvd's of some of their stuff years ago it all got a bit mental looking. This sounds a good trip.

• 5 weeks later...

What a brilliant time. Well organised and great mix of people. GTR's, Lambos, AMG Mercs, Ferrari, etc. Also Lupos, Golfs, 206 etc so real mix with everybody simply interested in cars. Broad age range so my worry about being the oldest was not founded. Recommend it to everyone. Next advertised trip is into Europe which would be great. They even carried our luggage in their Range Rover as clearly the boot in a Westfield is not big enough. I need to catch up on my sleep as little pillow time was available if you join in with all the activities with gusto - like us!

• Like 1

If there are no pictures then it didn't happen, pleeease, we like pictures

• Like 1

Guessing you have seen the photos on FB Julie.