20 Quid Splitter

Kevin (Mr T)

Well, my "How To Sort Webbers" book didn't arrive, so I couldn't strip the carbs down in the warm comfort of the dining room.

So instead, I went to the garage a froze my rusty nuts off fitting this.......

Splitter1_zpszjbwccip.jpg

Splitter3_zpssfpvl1w2.jpg

Can't afford a carbon one at the moment, so had a guy I know cut and fold three pieces of aluminium to my drawing and rivet them together. I covered the outside in a offcut of carbon vinyl that JD Wraps let me have in exchange for my copy of the WSCC mag that featured their wrapping skills.

It's not as close to the ground as it looks, having about the same clearance as the floor.

I don't think it looks too shoddy!

• Like 4

Looks fab, at least another 50bhp boost :).

I see the new seats have also arrived and been fitted.

Looks fab, at least another 50bhp boost :).

I see the new seats have also arrived and been fitted.

Seats and aeroscreen - traded some of those weight savings for the splitter, but still think I've a net reduction  :d

Hi Mr T.  I quite like the look of your red seats, would you consider parting with them? I'm going for an 'old school' look with my pre lit.

Regards

Gary

Hi Mr T.  I quite like the look of your red seats, would you consider parting with them? I'm going for an 'old school' look with my pre lit.

Regards

Gary

Hi Gary,

I've been watching your thread with interest and I think it's fair to say I've gone in a slightly different direction!

I will take some photos of the seats on Monday and you can see the overall condition. They are 28 years old, so far from perfect.

If you think you can do something with them, you can have them for the postage (or any other method of transport available) and a beer at Stoneleigh.

Kevin.

If you manage to reverse over someone that splitter will produce human chips...

• Like 2

If you manage to reverse over someone that splitter will produce human chips...

Funny that, I got the idea for I it while I was eating a Happy Meal! :d

• Like 2

Hi Mr T,

That's great thanks!  more than happy to buy beer. If you pm me your address I'll come down and collect them. The great thing about building cars is that we all come at it from different angles.

Cheers

Gary

Why does first impressions say Caterham to me

Nothing like a Caterham, it's got a Westfield badge sitting proudly on the nose! :d

Suppose not a Caterham then

This one is though with no stripe

basic-caterham-160-s-boot-and-rear-pictu

OK, maybe a passing resemblance LOL

But £18k and it's got one less cylinder than my Westy! :)

Cor,  you've been a busy boy Kev.      Liking the budget splitter but I would round of the  corners of the strakes a bit.  Hate to think of the consequences when reversing over one of us at a trackday.

• Like 1

Cor,  you've been a busy boy Kev.      Liking the budget splitter but I would round of the  corners of the strakes a bit.  Hate to think of the consequences when reversing over one of us at a trackday.

or when it slips off the jack, Bernie  :rolleyes: