Computer questions

jeff oakley

Every so often with no rhyme or reason I can see, when typing the words typed are delayed in appearing on the screen, I have Ad blocker, MacAfee anti virus and nothing shows up wrong.

It is a wireless key board and mouse batteries are all new.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Every so often with no rhyme or reason I can see, when typing the words typed are delayed in appearing on the screen, I have Ad blocker, MacAfee anti virus and nothing shows up wrong.

It is a wireless key board and mouse batteries are all new.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Same thing happens here. Can be a real pain.

Yep, often they quote these chips as being able to carry out 'x Million Instructions Per Second (MIPS)  and I am thinking "who the hell else is telling it what to do then?"

Sometimes it can be your anti virus actually causing the problem, especially if you just started up and it is doing a scan.

Task manager will sometimes give you a clue - look at processes and which are using your cpu.

What are you typing into at the time? For example MS Word,Excel or does it happen when typing into a web page (like this forum)

Is it always the same use case that gives you the problem.

Cheers

OK that probably means it is local to your puter and not the tinterweb or the website that you are accessing at the time.

A few more questions (sorry I know this feels like a medical exam...)

What is the operating system / version of Windies

Are you comfy using the Task Manager as mentioned by Jim_L

And finally do you have a HDD activity light or can you hear your HDD 'chattering' whilst it is working (and that assumes you don't have a solid state drive fitted)

As folk have said its almost certain your PC is just busy doing other stuff at the time. Problem is nowadays with every machine filled with bloatware from new (Bloatware is stuff pre-installed at point of sale that you don't want or need. And all it does is slow crap down).

We might be looking at some fun and games identifying it..!

Or as folk have suggested it might be the AV software or even Windows doing Autoupdates.

If we know what OS you are running, we can offer suggestions on how to interrogate Task Manager to see what is what.

Cheers 

The operating system is windows 7 professional version. There is a light on the front which does flash but when this happens there is no extra noise.