What's in the box?

Kingster

Well, it was in one sense disappointing as it was 'only' a new Zetec - but on the other hand, I couldn't afford to do what was necessary to install a Cossie anyway!

IMG_0136.jpg

• Like 2

I thought you were going to an st170?  :)

Yes that was the plan - and I still have that engine in the garage!

I guess after having a cam-belt go - and then the subsequent 'quick fix' of putting another head and cams on didn't actually address the fact that the bores were letting oil past - made me think twice about using another used engine.

So, I had decided that if I was going to use the ST motor that, despite having heard it run, I would rebuild it and make sure it was all within tolerances etc.

Once I'd totted up the cost of that - I then thought fot the wuck - might as well have a spanking new engine. Besides that, the wife actually agreed with my logic and fully endorsed the purchase!

So, in goes a nice new engine and close ratio box for the summer season - happy bunny!

I might still strip the ST motor and get the head flowed, VVT delete (or ECU swap) and see what it will do - or I might just flog it and make some room in the garage ;)

Nice :)

So what's that manifold on it?

Judging by the comment above and how it looks it's for a turbo?

That's bog standard on a Zetec but looks like a turbo one I guess.

That's bog standard on a Zetec but looks like a turbo one I guess.

Oh right! :d

So is this engine brand new as in built now,or one of the old stock crate engines?

Chris,

I sold the exhaust manifold, inlet manifold and injectors off my crate engine  on ebay farily quickly.

You should get £80-£100 back on the engine purchase.