New Owner, New Member. Leicester UK

noggin

Welcome mate new to westfields aswell your gonna love it and I found people on here really helpful

• Like 1

Getting to be quite a few in this part of the world - Enjoy, some great roads locally for Sunday afternoon deafening of locals  :d

Oh and welcome !

• Like 1

Getting to be quite a few in this part of the world - Enjoy, some great roads locally for Sunday afternoon deafening of locals  :d

Oh and welcome !

we should arrange a little gathering.... any idea on a café? id be interested learning the roads... got very lost on the A5summat welford road the other night

We should definitely, I'm going to have to finish my winter upgrade work first and get it taxed  ... plus not a massive fan of wet n cold weather, I like to get some heat in my tyres (and bones)  :getmecoat:

we should arrange a little gathering.... any idea on a café? id be interested learning the roads... got very lost on the A5summat welford road the other night

Sounds like a good idea - not sure where there's a suitable cafe, there's Jack Hills on the A5 but not the best drive tbh. A village pub might be an idea when the weather improves.

The A5199 is the Welford Road, runs from Leicester to Northampton. I think it's a great driving road and runs 2 miles from my house! 

We should definitely, I'm going to have to finish my winter upgrade work first and get it taxed ... plus not a massive fan of wet n cold weather, I like to get some heat in my tyres (and bones) :getmecoat:

Yeah I need to figure out why mine has no power at the mo... think there is an engine issue ;)

What about market bosworth I know during the summer months they have a classic car meet at water park . Some nice roads round there aswell.

• Like 1

They do have a regular meet at the waterpark, like the last Tuesday of the month or something like ... the main Bosworth park has the alligator teeth on the car park exit which are not Westfield friendly  :d

But agree with The Rocker, the roads are great around Bosworth - can't beat that fresh smell of much spreading .. we should do something 'local' when the weather bucks up a bit and I've got the car back together .... 

• Like 1

I was thinking sooner maybe ....even if it was just a sunday morning for a coffee in a tintop?

the A5199 was a nice drive the other night. but the bimmers xenons are woeful and I don't know what the police/camera situation around here is like yet so didn't want to push too hard.

I was thinking sooner maybe ....even if it was just a sunday morning for a coffee in a tintop?

the A5199 was a nice drive the other night. but the bimmers xenons are woeful and I don't know what the police/camera situation around here is like yet so didn't want to push too hard.

The good news is there are hardly any speed cameras! The police use mobile units but we very rarely see them these days, probably down to budget cuts.

I'd be up for a meet sooner, just got to get the car first. I  was thinking that most large garden centres have a car park and a cafe, may be we could consider one of them. Wistow Rural Centre is a cool place to visit. It's got a cafe, garden centre, farm shop and a few little independent shops to look around.

I've got my brothers Morris Minor out of my lockup so I think I'll collect the Westie next weekend.

They do have a regular meet at the waterpark, like the last Tuesday of the month or something like ... the main Bosworth park has the alligator teeth on the car park exit which are not Westfield friendly  :d

But agree with The Rocker, the roads are great around Bosworth - can't beat that fresh smell of much spreading .. we should do something 'local' when the weather bucks up a bit and I've got the car back together .... 

We went to a few of the Tuesday evening meetings at Bosworth Water Park last year, lots of great classic cars there but very busy!

My Westfield was delivered this morning! It looks great with it's new wheels. It was a lovely sunny afternoon and it's a shame I didn't have time to drive it. Hopefully we'll have a nice weekend. A massive 'thank you' to Andrew at Toybox Cars - a pleasure to deal with.

My Westfield was delivered this morning! It looks great with it's new wheels. It was a lovely sunny afternoon and it's a shame I didn't have time to drive it. Hopefully we'll have a nice weekend. A massive 'thank you' to Andrew at Toybox Cars - a pleasure to deal with.

that's probably a first for this forum! :d

glad its there ok! sat is looking like it might be dry and warm so hopefully time to have a go then. take it easy in the damp first time out.