New Owner, New Member. Leicester UK

noggin

Hi All.

Just joined up as I've put a deposit down on my first Westfield! I've wanted one since I had a passenger ride in one at a charity day at Bruntingthorpe in 2012. Unfortunately health issues have prevented me from going ahead until now. I've been hanging around at Kit Car shows and even the Westfield factory open day last year. Originally I was looking at Caterhams as they have a showroom about 5 miles from me. I did a track day with Caterham and enjoyed the experience but the Caterhams are a bit pricey.

I'm no mechanic or even a passable home tinkerer so there was no chance I could build from scratch. I approached Toxbox cars and went over to their premises to look at their stock. I was immediately struck with a Red SE with the old fashioned swept arches. It's running a 2ltr Zetec on Weber Twin 40s. The build quality looks superb, I could find no faults except that I didn't like the wheels which were fitted. I have bought a set or TDPR 1.2s which will be fitted before I collect it.

I have a lock-up I rent from the local council and this is where the Westfield will live. Only problem is let my brother 'park' his old Morris Minor in there and I was having trouble getting it out and over to his place down south. I've now booked a transporter for it and it'll be gone by Wednesday. As soon as I free some funds from the bank I'll be collecting my first Westfield. Should be less than 3 weeks :)

I'm looking forward to getting to a few events and meeting some of you lot.

Cheer Neil aka Noggin

:ww:

You will like it here as its a nice place to be.

Don't forget to post photographs as we love pictures.

You must be really excited.

• Like 1

Neil, welcome! :)

Not sure if you have been to any club nights yet as I've missed a couple due to work recently, but get yourself along to the Derby Notts club meetings on the first Thursday of each month at The Clock in Shardlow.

I remember the nervous excitement of the wait to pick up my first Westfield, you defintely won't regret buying one!

• Like 1

:ww:

Lot's coming up to get involved in, a great time to join :) I'll plug Stoneleigh and Silverstone for a start...

• Like 1

:ww: sounds like a great car and I'm not far away in Tamworth! Hope to see you at a Derby and Notts meet in the future and keep an eye out for the Peak District area runs as we do get around Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire at times if you don't want to come too far into Derbyshire.

• Like 3

Thank you for your kind welcomes!

@Andy Banks - No need to plug Stoneleigh - I've been to the last four, lusting after a Westfield but unable to get one!