bmw 330 d touring

tim

I could do with some help/advice on a possible purchase of a 330d m sport touring done 95000 miles on a 61 plate.

How good are they and cost to maintain,

I need

it to tow a bit but a bit of fun to drive as old Passat is like a boat on the road

thanks for looking rds tim

These replaced the Volvo V70 T5 as the advanced class road traffic/ armed response/ pursuit vehicle for many police forces when Volvo declined to do a 'police spec' D5, and they have been very enthusiastically received. Robust, refined, very quick if you want them to be and capable of huge mileage. All good as far as I can tell. I'd have one in a heartbeat.

Not a diesel, but I have a 330i M Sport Touring (E91 shape) which is on 152k miles, and cannot rave about it enough. Genuinely drives and feels like a car that's done 50k miles.

I had a 58 plate 330D M Sport saloon as a company car for 3 years and 96,000 miles.  Loved it and it never missed a beat.  Mate of mine bought it at the end of its lease and it's now up to 145,000 miles, gets serviced at his local garage and still hasn't missed a beat. Great car with an absolutely superb engine. 

Had a 530d 61 plate and was the best car I have ever had - even in the bigger 5 series it pulled like a train

I have a 2013 525 diesel M sport touring and it is a lovely car.

I never fancied a BMW and I am now a convert.

It does everything very well and it has not been any bother at all.

It is very quiet and smooth and running costs in my opinion are really good.

I am using the run flat tyres and I have just had 34,000 out of the rears and the fronts are on 34,000 with 4mm tread left.

I get nearly 48mpg according to the trip computer and that is with a Thule roof rack on the roof and two bike racks.

It swallows loads with ease and I will certainly have another.

You will not be disappointed.  :t-up:

• Like 1

The BMW X5 we have is a stonking motor.

Never considered BMW before, impressive engine and refinement

Not the 3 but I still have my 520D. Best car I've ever had, I think I'd go 2.5 or 3.0 next time, just to get a little more omph when towing otherwise can't fault it.

I've got a 2010 530d it's second BMW and my Mrs has a 320d both great cars. My 530 has been superchiped and goes really well

Dave 

I had a BMW 330D sport touring so same model. It was brilliant at towing and effortless. Ordinary performance is seriously quick. Parts can be expensive but there are companies that now do BMW/Audi servicing at reasonable cost. In the snow and ice they are a handful and that is the only downside. Excellent car and better than my other 5 series cars

I wouldn't go near a car with 95000 miles TBH. Unless you are braced for repair costs or have a good local garage on standby. Or a particularly accomadating back passage. BMW will be ready for your first service visit with open arms.

If it for towing then look at torque vs. Towing weight. The camping and caravan club do a lot of tests in this area.

Otherwise it comes town to risk. And service history. I'd want to see the recommendations on the last service or MOT at that millage.

I should add that this is a tricky question. And my opinion about mileage is purely personal high milage is ok but we should remember the real national average is nearer 15k per year so just check the history. A quick call with the reg to BMW would be good.

I have  58 plate 330D M Sport saloon (e90 LCI) I've had since 52k and it's now on 94k and it's never skipped a beat, always driven faultlessly and still drives like a new car. An effortless drive and the auto box and 330D N57 go together perfectly. The only problem I've had is that the rear indicators are LED and these are known for killing a few of the LEDs. If that happens it's either open them up and replace or buy a new rear light like I did at something like £270 each. You can repair them but it's bare hassle.