Shopping bags

Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

Whether we like it or not, at sometime in our lives we have to go shopping. It might be for a pint of milk and a loaf, or for something more like a new pair of jeans, but we do have to do it.

Last weekend I went into Leeds with my wife, she left me to do her own things so I went straight to HMV to look at DVDs ad CDs, after that I headed to the "Man Creche" that is the car magazine section of W H Smiths. After I'd read them all and not bought one I realised that if I had got one how would I carry it back to the car? Couldn't put it in my pocket, it would crease. If I have to go to the supermarket, I'll take a Morrisons (other supermarkets are available) carrier bag from the bin liner collection so I thought a Man Bag is needed. Which brings me to my point.

What about a WSCC branded bag. This way we could carry our purchases and get the Westfield name out to the general public, it would also be great for all the lovely things to buy at Stoneleigh.

I don't know if this would be possible, regarding numbers, cost etc, but is it worth a go?

Anything is possible of course, but what type of bag are we discussing here - plastic, fabric, leather (ooo errr missus)? How much would you be willing to pay?

How much would you be willing to pay?

5p :d
  • Like 1

I suppose I was thinking about the Hessian/jute type bags at around £4-5, or equivalent to whatever the supermarkets sell them for.

As for leather, we'll leave that up to you Scott.

Geoffrey (aka Buttercup) would need a black latex one...

• Like 4

Make sure it does not look like you are advertising "Westfield" shopping centres

Geoffrey (aka Buttercup) would need a black latex one...

Think he's already sorted for latex.

• Like 1

for longevity it would need to be a canvas style tote bag. even the 10p bags dont seem to do more than half a dozen trips for me if there is heavy stuff.

or maybe one of those fold-into-themselves-little-pouch things that are made from ripstop nylon.

tbh the only problem i would have is the massive wscc logo. its a bit ugly and the main reason i didnt by a wscc jacket.

for longevity it would need to be a canvas style tote bag. even the 10p bags dont seem to do more than half a dozen trips for me if there is heavy stuff.

or maybe one of those fold-into-themselves-little-pouch things that are made from ripstop nylon.

tbh the only problem i would have is the massive wscc logo. its a bit ugly and the main reason i didnt by a wscc jacket.

Put the 30th anniversary logo on it (not that I find the normal logo offensive, I DID buy a jacket!)

• Like 1

I order a lot of branded stuff for work, the hessian seems better than the canvas IMO.

Robin - pay 5p you tight git!

• Like 1

Ooh, I am daring to be different here. I like my TIGER bag, it is made of very thick plastic and, when not in use, it folds up to nothing in the back pocket of my jeans. I love it's bright colour, I have had it ages and I have used it loads, so I would love a WSCC version. A nice bright, sky blue colour suits the logo I think.

DSC07282_zpsgyc7lqil.jpg

Robin, this is a fantastic idea, but I need words with you next time I see you, what am I doing photographing plastic carrier bags on a Friday night? I need to get a life  :d .

• Like 1

Two alternative style options to add into the discussion.

DSC07291_zpsatg1bzdz.jpg