Race/Sprint car wanted

S2T

Have a budget of £10k. What we are proposing to enter is a series based on power vs all up weight, so not necessarily looking for the lightest or the most powerful as long as it fits just inside one of the various classes.

So thats the start point before we discuss what the car has, can you give me bhp at the wheels and weight of car. I am aiming for 270 or 210 bhp/ton but that includes the driver and I will be heavier than the average driver

Thanks

SLS...thought about that myself.

Much 'fairer' class structure than the sprints etc up here.

Dave

Hi Dave...and you get more time on track 2 x 15 minute practice sessions and then 3 laps including your fast lap. 

I must admit though going around in circles getting the power to weight as near as the top end as we can...even considered MX5's for awhile

Steve

Yeah, Have considered it myself but the hassle of getting power/weight tested at the test centre has stopped me so far. Think I will pull my finger out and do it at some point though.

I thoroughly enjoyed my S2000 on track and with decent tyres, brake pads, and springs on the standard shocks I was pretty competitive considering.  Other than killing a clutch it was bullet proof as well. Maybe another option to give a bit more legs up the hill at knockhill?

Dave

My car is pretty bang on for the top of class d power to weight! It is also road legal so will be in the road car class also. I have spent a bl**** fortune getting it sorted for next year so I can compete but all the MSA kit I need to buy might not make it! To be honest with a baby on the way it might be up for sale but hopefully not! All depends on how much I can claw back from my old gear box!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.