Wireless speakers

B.RAD

I was looking at the Bose bluetooth/rechargeable speaker but ended up buying Sony SRS-BTX300, very pleased with build quality/sound and still going strong after a couple of years.

Well after ordering at 10am this morning, it arrived at 6pm sharp. I'm very happy! The bluetooth connection does limit sound quality and volume, however the wifi connection is superb! The volume is great, the quality is very high and the bass is pretty impressive for such a compact unit. Have been bouncing around the kitchen all evening! The beer might gave helped that though :blush::laugh:

We'll buy a second unit to either increase the sound in one room or to share across another room, such us the flexibility of the set up.

Thanks Barry, I owe you a beer! :yes:

I know BCF is all sorted now and Sonos were discounted due to cost, but as this is a related thread, I spent the weekend at a mates place and he's got a Sonos setup. 

Extremely nice, easy to use and sounds really good for wireless.

They are a contender when I get my TV installed

For what it's worth I kinda liked my old Sony Stereo, it's a real beast when you crank it up, so I bought a bluetooth 3 audio receiver/adaptor on eBay for £8. Prices have gone up a bit now though........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eallc-Bluetooth-3-0-A2DP-Audio-Music-Receiver-Car-Radio-AUX-Home-Stereo-Speaker-/231777131023?hash=item35f6fe5a0f:g:MN8AAOSwHaBWjIpl

• 1 month later...

For anyone who followed this thread and is tempted by a wireless speaker set up, I honestly can't recommend the Pure Jongo enough. I've entered a new fangled era where I am now able to walk through the door, tap some tunes on my phone or iPad and have my music streaming instantly. Amaze balls.

And just to seal the deal, this eBay company is offering 'outlet' Pure Jongo systems on a buy one get one free basis - so I've just bought another two to make the whole house full of my god awful music :d :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291691706126

And if you buy before 10pm tonight using discount code CUK20, there's another 20% off that price too. Absolutely blinding deal.