Beginner - Where to start...

Underlined

I would be interested in a timing strut if you fancy making some. Just let me know how much you'd want for one and how to fit it. I assume it passes through the mesh in the nose cone to mount to something solid?

Cost - I've got all the material spare, so a donation to a charity of your choice. Think I can make two with what I have left so if anyone else wants one let me know.

Fitment - very straightforward, I think I'll improve it slightly over when I made mine. It mounts to the mesh grille itself - only way to fit the strut without making holes in the bodywork at the height it's required. It is very solidly mounted and easily removable so can be taken off after events for the drive home.

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/uploads/gallery/album_158/gallery_19861_158_248019.jpg

PM me your address and I'll send it over in the next couple of weeks :t-up:

• Like 2

Cost - I've got all the material spare, so a donation to a charity of your choice. Think I can make two with what I have left so if anyone else wants one let me know.

Fitment - very straightforward, I think I'll improve it slightly over when I made mine. It mounts to the mesh grille itself - only way to fit the strut without making holes in the bodywork at the height it's required. It is very solidly mounted and easily removable so can be taken off after events for the drive home.

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/uploads/gallery/album_158/gallery_19861_158_248019.jpg

PM me your address and I'll send it over in the next couple of weeks :t-up:

I would pretty please!!  Already registered with MSA online and my old license number is about to be woken up from a long long sleep ! :)  

• Like 1

No probs, PM your address and I'll sort one for you too (did we meet at Combe? Was in my dad's mini)

• 3 weeks later...

Timing struts all done and will be hitting the post tomorrow, hope they work out ok for you!

• Like 1

Timing struts all done and will be hitting the post tomorrow, hope they work out ok for you!

Top man thank you very much :0)

• Like 1

Just as an aside, when fitting your timing strut try and get it as solid as possible - fixing to the grill is typical, but try and make sure it doesn't vibrate too much.

You'd be amazed what a PITA it is for start line marshals to get you lined up if the strut is vibrating away a lot. And the faster lined up you are, the quicker after any tyre warming etc you'll get away!

• Like 1

And the faster lined up you are, the quicker after any tyre warming etc you'll get away!

Tyre warming...... almost a thing of the past!  Still can do at some locations but many have banned the exercise in an attempt to reduce noise.

Most of us don't bother anymore with Tyre warming

Make sure you mount the strut at correct height to MSA blue book

• Like 1