FW400

Andrew

There's another original one locally that's only just had some restoration work done after being damaged in a light crash a couple of years ago. Hopeful of seeing it out and about this summer

I had the privilege of seeing it without the bodywork and the way the monocoque was created was very interesting to see. My understanding is that the factory didn't make any money on the project and it was seen as far too costly to take any further. I also understand that each car is slightly different owing to early development work

The restored car came in at a bit over 400kg when weighed, I believe

The advert says painted due to exposed carbon getting hot, I remember one of the FW400's having fire damage was it his one?

The only one I've seen in the flesh was at the wscc Mallory trackday, 2009.

DSCF7675_zpszsni6xnk.jpg

DSCF7676_zps99eadehk.jpg

I was there to that day

it was being driven by a guy like dan what a nice guy he had it painted white not long after this  

and I'm pretty sure this is the one that I saw for sale  about 6 months ago that has been fitted with a red top motor 250+ horse power and it had a serious engine fire on a trackday  

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ash, can you please post the last drawing

Yes .first prototype drawings

3rd drawing is the component parts.

• 3 months later...

At tonight's monthly meet, we were treated to the appearance of Paul's FW400

It's been off the road for a couple of years, but in that time has had a ground-up rebuild by local member Jody Arch to very exacting standards and it has also been returned to its original colour. Paul believes that this was the first one made and the one driven by several well-known motoring journo's

I'm hopeful that he'll get around to documenting the interesting history of this particular car soon, as I'm certain that it'll make a great club mag story.

20160509_200918_zpsh8da0wbb.jpg

20160509_200841_zpsqyrjr1oh.jpg

20160509_201622_zpsq5a962bw.jpg

20160509_201635_zpsgjyszeok.jpg

• Like 3

^ very nice

that looks awesome !!

love the colour

I like the flow and curves of the bodywork.

Very sleek... :)

I saw this last night at the Northampton meet. What a cool car! I was unaware they existed. Apologies to @carbon-nv but the photos don't do it justice . (I know you took them on your phone, so you are excused!)

So where are the rest of them? I recall about 5 were produced, but Mick (mhc) will know as his memory is better than mine :)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.