Rockingham Sprint 20th March

Gerry H

Hi Gerry

Thanks for the kind offer but just keep them for a little longer as I guess the warranty on your Laser Eye Surgery is about to expire :d

Hope to see you Thurs!

BR

G

I've read the regs for Sports Libre and I still say you're wrong.

MSA regs S14 

Vehicles that comply with any of the following groups:

a) Any vehicle that DOES NOT comply with any other category as defined in 10.10.1 to 10.10.5 or 10.10.7 or 14.1(b) or ©.

My car complies with 10.10.4 Therefore it does not comply with a) above so I'm in B10 mod. prod. and I have the log book to prove it.

You car complies with whatever your log book says.

The ambiguity is in the Rockingham regs. that lists the types of vehicle that can comprise Sports Libre classes.

HTH :)

The  MSA logbook does not mention any class that your car complies with! So everybody running slicks or 1C tyres will have to be in the Sports Libre Classes at Rockingham

1C are not acceptable in an MSA "Road Going" class ....thats what all the recent tyre debate has been about so everyone using them needs to go Mod Prod but the Rockingham event classes 8,9 and 10 do not seem to refer to Kit cars and most of us will end up in Sports Libre classes because of this 

This event is in March and it will be snowing.

Wasn't snowing last year!

Wasn't snowing last year!

Freak of nature never to be repeated

Or the previous year when it was also glorious sunshine?? :d

I'm an optimist!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Entry form and Regs on BARC MIDLANDS Website

I sent off my entry form and payment today.  I will be in class 6 with 1b tyres.  I will be doing the track day the day before as I have never driven the circuit.  The car is pretty much ready to go and I have all my gear sorted out.

It will be my first sprint or competitive form of motorsport so be gentle with me!!

Simon

Come and say hello

• 4 weeks later...

Only just woken up from my winter hibernation so didn't read this before I posted my entry. I've entered Mod Prod on my BEC with 1C tyres. Let them sort it out.

Nick and I have already taken this issue up with the Rockingham organisers and scrutineers