Top Spec Westfield Wanted Up To £20k

Northern Chap

My spec whilst not exhaustive is fairly rigid in that it needs to be road regd (occasional runs out), complete & ready to go (no nearly finished cars, or less than my min power want please)

So, I have up to £20k for the right car.... If it includes a trailer, bonus, if spare wheels/tyres etc...bonus !

My want

Road regd (not Q) (I want to put a private plate on)

Minimum 200bhp, prefer 230-270 if poss

Full cage or just roll over is fine, any covers, side screens, front screens are fine either way...

No bike engined cars

No colour preference

Must be very well spec'd ie; suspension, box, diff, etc....

Std fuel tank ie; no small tanks as used for sprints/hill climbs

Thats really about it..... I am currently liaising with a chap who has a very well sorted 272bhp Caterham (1997) but prefer the Westfield route & getting more for my money.

The car will be used for the odd track day both UK & Spa so car needs to be able to hit circa 140 if poss... Kemmel is longest Spa straight which Ive hit 168mph in various other tintops so anything less than 135/140 Id be taking forever to reach the end !

Feel free to PM me here but best via e mail with pics and spec please to;

cdking26@aol.com

I am ready to purchase NOW.

Regards

Chris

Ash has a nice new Honda car for sale.  You won't find many Westfields that are geared for the speeds you are requesting because you then compromise acceleration and even with 250 bhp they are so non aerodynamic they take a long time to accelerate above 130mph anyway.

PMSL.  If you're seriously expecting to enjoy 140+ in a Westfield (or any other kit car for that matter) your money would be better spent elsewhere....

Welcome

you should get the best of the best for that sort of money - you just need to find the right car and an owner willing to part with it

not sure if you would want to do much more than 130 in a seven :oops:

they are not really suited to bigger tracks with long straights but you will be quicker than most things in other areas of the track - Colin Chapman was right up to a point :d

My want

The car will be used for the odd track day both UK & Spa so car needs to be able to hit circa 140 if poss... Kemmel is longest Spa straight which Ive hit 168mph in various other tintops so anything less than 135/140 Id be taking forever to reach the end !

Erm, I do know of a couple of Westfields that will do 140mph, they are both speed series cars, with a hell of a lot more power than 250bhp, of around the 500kg mark, and strictly competition cars....you wouldn't "drive" either of them on the road, though one is legal. As for doing long circuit track days with them, that would see you run a big budget in engine rebuilds....oh and I doubt either would be for sale at £20K!

• Like 1

Ash has a nice new Honda car for sale.  You won't find many Westfields that are geared for the speeds you are requesting because you then compromise acceleration and even with 250 bhp they are so non aerodynamic they take a long time to accelerate above 130mph anyway.

Thanks for the comment David 

but mine is sold subject to payment and collection

PMSL.  If you're seriously expecting to enjoy 140+ in a Westfield (or any other kit car for that matter) your money would be better spent elsewhere....

Come on Craig be a little more useful rather than chatting like a girl.....

I appreciate Westie tpe vehicles are a brick on wheels and aint the best aerodynamically shaped car but never having driven one at beyond 130mph ( I drove a Tiger R6 with a tweaked Honda S2000 round Oulton last year hitting straight approaching left hander before Shell Island ) I wasn't aware how one would feel/go/drive etc....

Kemmel is the only real ball breaker of a straight on cars and many regularly will hit the limiter and sit there for a good 20 secs or so no achieving any more speed Lol....

Regards

Chris

140mph is very quick in a Westfield IMO - even in the mighty one I've just sold.... Good luck with your quest northern

• Like 1

Proper Northern Chap, knows what he wants and won't change his mind. No matter how you try an talk him out of it.

I'm going to build just what he wants but he can't have it for love nor money lol

Stick to your guns, you back down now and you will always regret it.

I'm going to build just what he wants 

if your is going to do 140 don't bother with the side screens they will just fly off  :laugh:

have you got some I know somebody who wants a pair?

hahaha, none taken, but a Westie won't fit your needs. I was in exactly your position 18 months ago. had the money put aside for a 620R, then realised that a decent Westfield for about half the cash would deliver what I wanted. my point is based on your requirement to hurl around at 130/140. that isn't really practical in a westie...

I've done 142/44 in my V8 (300bhp) with an aero screen. I wouldn't do it for a sustained period of time, but it is possible. Good luck with your search.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.