Where to go for a full exhaust system?

benedwards64

Having cracked the manifold and blown most of the baffles out of my exhaust, I think it's time I treat the Westfield to a new full system. A bit of research shows places like Simpson Racing Exhausts (Slough) and Powerspeed (Ashford) have good reputations, but I won't get any change out of a grand.

If it's a case of 'you get what you pay for' then fine, but before I commit is there anyone else I should consider? It'll need to be a full system (without cat) for a Fiat twin-cam, so won't be able to get an of-the-shelf Zetec unit.

You get what you pay for, go to Simpsons, end.

Matt Simpson 01753 532 222

Simpsons are a different quality to Powerspeed but more expensive

Matt Simpson is a sponsor on here and does offer group buys if enough interest. 

Simpsons exhausts are really good; the bulk buy manifolds and cans are really good value - great quality at a keen price. BUT, if you can afford to get one of the, ahem, regular priced manifolds and silencers made, the quality seems to jump even higher!

Thanks all. Plenty to think on, better start saving the pocket money! :d

• 2 months later...

Try Exhausts by Design.  Not far from Oxford.

Graham Frankland has made a couple of exhaust systems for me. 

http://exhausts-by-design.co.uk/

Keith

Thanks for this Keith - after speaking to a few places and weighing up my options I'm off to Graham this Saturday to deliver the car. Will let you know how I get on :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Graham only needed it for a week so I loaded up the trailer again yesterday to go and collect. To say I'm pleased with the results is an understatement, and coupled with the extremely quick turnaround and very reasonable price I have no hesitation in recommending Graham at Exhausts By Design:

temporary_zpsjlsx5bgw.jpg

temporary_zpsl9gs4uad.jpg

temporary_zpsuxlcbvvo.jpg

temporary_zps0jmikjpd.jpg

It's already a bit grubby in the photos after a particularly damp test drive. The difference is night and day - it's much quieter than the old system but still retains plenty of character. Plus I can hear more of the induction noise now :d