Pressure Washed Engine - now all sorts of issues

Cleggy the Spyder Man

Hi all

I have a Vauxhall AstraVan (08) which I am getting rid of from the work fleet - I decided to jet wash the engine bay (I know :oops:  ) - now the charging light is on constant, the battery has drained, the ABS light is flashing on and off, the power steering is intermittent whilst driving  and the engine management light comes on and off

So I have caused an issue :getmecoat:

I have left the engine running for an hour but still has the same issue (hoping that it would dry out)

Anyone know there Vauxhalls and can give me an idea where to start looking?

TIA

Cleggy

Plugged in an OBD2 reader if the engine management light comes on to see if that gives any clues as to what to check?

• Like 1

As Bernie suggested, I'd be very carefully trying to get some warm air in there, it's so damp at the moment that water trapped in connections etc is going to take ages to dry out without some assistance. A water displacement spray in the connections might not be a bad idea either. Also check for any connections or wires that have been physically loosened, or even knocked off.

Check any under bonnet fuses/relays for moisture. Make sure there are no ecu's under the bonnet.

Feel the footwell carpets, both near the floor and up on the firewall; has any dampness come through, that could get to an ecu? Relays? Fuses?

Plugged in an OBD2 reader if the engine management light comes on to see if that gives any clues as to what to check?

Might give you a steer as to any affected sensors...

Park it next to a Zafira, it will soon warm up. If you have a small garage you can put it in, I have left vehicles in after this sort of thing with a good sized dehumidifier. Pulling the multi plugs apart and blowing them out can help but it all depends on what has got soaked. A good quality electrical cleaner helps. You will need an OBD to reset codes anyway just hope you are lucky

Park it next to a Zafira, it will soon warm up.

:laugh:  not sure many will get that

I've got a OBD2 bluetooth dongle if you wanted to borrow it?

will have a go this weekend - if I get stuck I may call you

Thanks chap :t-up: