Honda S2000 donor wanted

GarethHD

Been looking since August for a suitable pre 2006 Honda S2000 as a donor for my MegaS2000 build and so far been unsuccessful. Cash waiting. Want the whole car not just engine/gearbox etc; may consider rear end CAT D write offs or MOT failures depending on condition. Would be very grateful to hear if anyone has some good suggestions. Thanks. Gareth

you can also email me 474gareth.hd@gmail.com or phone 07771 683133

Thank you for your replies…. er, sorry to be a luddite but what is a pm??

ignore that, numpty here has just seen message icon…. sorry typical technophobe at work here!

ignore that, numpty here has just seen message icon…. sorry typical technophobe at work here!

Don't worry about that, most of us don't understand this modern technology. :(      A spanner and screwdriver are easy to work with. :yes:

I bought my Cat D, light-ish front end, unseen in an online auction from http://www.copart.co.uk

You have to become a member with them to bid which costs £50 but beyond that the process was painless if a little nerve-racking!

As a private individual you can only bid on Cat D's and Cat C's, but there always seems to be one or two on there. Now that the roads are more slippery there might be more!

Thanks for that, must admit I thought you had to be a trader to bid on Copart stuff, but that's very useful to know. I know the donor must be a pre 2006 model, before throttle went fly by wire, so does that mean any year 1999 to 2005 will work?

Yes, any year will work as long as it has a cable operated throttle body - not drive by wire.

However, Westfield have just launched the Omex individual throttle body upgrade for the S2000, so with that you can use any donor up to 2009 either by purchasing the Omex ITB's or someone's standard cable throttle/inlet assembly who is upgrading to ITB's.

Let me be the first to offer mine for sale!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi Gareth,

I called last week about the donor and we exchanged S2000 stories. I'm now going to be a bit cheeky and hijack this thread (moderators please forgive me, I will explain shortly)

As an update to Gareth's story he is no longer looking for an S2000 donor and in fact has what sounds like a very tidy S2000 for sale, this being after his mechanic didn't like the idea of stripping such a neat example to build a 7 and found Gareth a motor and box instead.

So on to my minor hijack. I purchased a high mileage S2000 off of a friend with the intention of stripping it to nothing and rebuilding it as a track car. It had some body rust, sticking brakes, broken exhaust and a well used interior. Fortunately the motor box and diff all appear to be solid so it seemed the perfect candidate however as I delved deeper into the project 2 things became apparent:

1. I love driving it on the road
  2. The bodywork is in much worse condition than I anticipated with more rust than I am comfortable with.

So I am quite simply looking to sell it as a donor for a Westfield or similar so that I can get myself a better condition car.

I paid £2500 for the car and spent about £1200 on brand new discs, callipers and pads, a sump pan (old one got broken by the mechanic working on the car  :angry: ) and an MOT. I also spent £700 on an after-market exhaust but since a Westfield wouldn't need that I will hang on to it for the next car.

I would be happy to recover £3200 of that if anyone is interested in a donor that can be driven prior to purchase.

As an aside I also have a 320 BHP S2000 motor and dog ring box out of my racing 7 that is for sale if anyone is interested. Motor is not suitable for the street, gearbox even less so. PM me for full specs or if you want to see it in the metal.

So all said I hope the moderators can forgive me and if anyone is interested please PM me.

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by AJBecker

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.