VAG solution

dombanks

So vag have announced that their solution to the emissions issue is a tea strainer and a software update?

Seems a bit simple to me??? Am I being a bit too untrusting

Wife's is on Euro 4 so that doesn't get messed with.   Back to good ole petrol soon.

Mine has to go back so will report how much worse it makes it (it's pretty slow and dull as it is !) lucky it is a work car and I don't own it !

problem is, they were set a test to pass, and programmed the car to pass. the test is at fault not the car....that's my peneth worth anyway

problem is, they were set a test to pass, and programmed the car to pass. the test is at fault not the car....that's my peneth worth anyway

That's what Steve Berry was saying when the BBC interviewed him. I agree to a point, but it's not like VW were unaware of WHY they were being tested and what the aim of the test is. Cheating on tests is wrong whether it's a maths test, an MOT test or a test to deceive millions of motorists. the only difference is the impact if/when the cheater is caught.

• Like 1

I think the "solution" will make the car use more ad-blue, the "cheat" was likely done to prevent warning lights popping up when it inevitably runs out.