2016 Novices

B.RAD

I'm hoping to be in a 1600 with dog box and some form of tyres on it....don't care what class as log as I can have a laugh and a few beers :-)

• Like 6

fingers crossed for 2016, seem to have all the bits I need and now the wedding (not till February) is paid for I can again divert funds and have parts delivered to work :)

I have my suit boots gloves and helmet sorted.

just need to get the car ready will probably start hounding some of you guys shortly.

just for clarification I can use R888's in novice class A

won't be doing many events just need to get out there with you guys and start enjoying the mighty crossflow again.

cheers

• Like 1

Hi Syman, yes you can use R888 in the road going classes, there's some debate over whether they need to be GG or if SG compound is ok but otherwise they're fine. Will be great to have you out with us!

I understand according to another post on a different thread, that the supersoft (SG) is no longer available, and may not have been for a little while. Not sure about the GGG rubber which was the medium/soft version.

I haven't used the 888 for 3 or 4 years now.

im a

And here is where the spanish guy with no idea about the regulations comes in...

Well I'm planing to start this year, as me as a novice?¿

Will go in with ex adam's car. Where is supoused I've to set in?

Will have to buy a new set of tires, happy also if I've to invest on some wet oriented tyres, and if is the case, happy to invest with a hans and new helmet (that I'll do no matter the class I'll start).

So. Whitch class? Witch tyres? I dont understand the regulations about the tyres and the class split, as I'm not sure what I need for each class WITHOUT having to modify the car...

Yes. I've tried to read the regulations... twice... but still confused...

• Like 1

Hey Maurici, great to hear you'll be out competing with us next year! It's great fun and the best banter :)

You're right - it is complicated and probably hard to explain, but you've basically got a few choices - class B1 which will mean running list 1a or 1b tyres, class D which can be any tyres from the list including 1c, but the car will need an MSA log book and you'll need to wear a HANS device etc, or any other class thereafter that suits your over 1800cc engine - where you can run slicks etc. The choice is yours!

That's why I started this post, to get a feel for where everyone is heading - I think personally I may go for class B1 but I'm not decided yet.

Below is the tyre lists for 2016 in case that helps you make up your mind...

https://www.msauk.org/assets/2016tyrelists1abc.pdf

Little teapot?

nope..... "I'm a..." frustrated  panda! that  can't type on a kindle fire the predictive text is shocking so when I type "john williams" it changes it to "homosexual"  seriously!

like my written English isn't bad enough, it doesn't help when amazon tries to help

anyway I'm going to be class A

cheers

Panda

• Like 4