2016 Novices

B.RAD

Hi All

Given the necessary changes to the 2016 regulations, I thought it would be worth getting a steer from the Novice and broader speed series community on their plans for next year.

With the sad news of a couple of competitors dropping out already and the awareness that the new class structures will split up the competition (not a complaint just an observation, really happy that the SSOT have made the best of a difficult situation) I for one am keen to make my decisions based on where I know the best attendance will be (ie. I don't want to go for class B1 if everyone else is going D or vice versa).

I already run a Hans device and have list 1c tyres so can easily go to D, but am also happy to invest in some 1b tyres and have a go in class b1 - this is actually a good thing for me as it means I can run 1 set of tyres for everything, sprints, trackdays and on the road, without constantly changing wheels!

So what is everyone planning for next year?

Hi Barney

I will be running 1C & going into C. this will mean I run in Mod prod in the the MHCC which I compete in also & avoids additional rubber transport. sad to see we will be losing a few people, but pleased with the efforts of the SSOT to give as broad a choice given the enforced changes.

• Like 1

also happy to invest in some 1b tyres and have a go in class b1 - this is actually a good thing for me as it means I can run 1 set of tyres for everything, sprints, trackdays and on the road, without constantly changing wheels!

Now that is a good idea. And the better drives will shine without posh tyres 'massaging' skills behind the wheel too :yes:

I plan to have a crack at a couple of events with you lot, and will be at the Blyton weekend in July.

• Like 1

Class A for me if I can justify costs of upgrades necessary.

( Class C would double those costs so definitely not)

OR a double drive ??? mmmmmm.... choices choices ;)

• Like 1

1B's are the future. good luck on 1C's when the lack of demand makes them very hard to get hold of. might put my nearly new set away as in investment  :d

who cares if you go faster or not. the whole point is being out there with your mates and if you're all on the less grippy tyres then what's the difference. plus i bet that most of us could go just as fast if we drove better.

• Like 4

Phil - you didn't mention your plans, or are you keeping your nefarious creation under wraps??

Now that is a good idea. And the better drives will shine without posh tyres 'massaging' skills behind the wheel too :yes:

I plan to have a crack at a couple of events with you lot, and will be at the Blyton weekend in July.

In what car Ads? You're welcome to double drive mine...

In what car Ads?

So far I think Adam has a design, an engine, a pile of tubing & a lot of enthusiasm! :d

• Like 1

Haha, David's got it in one...! Hoping, if I pull my socks up, it'll be ready for spring.

That's very kind of your Barney, might take you up on that you know, could be really good fun at a circuit we both already know :t-up:

• Like 1

Phil - you didn't mention your plans, or are you keeping your nefarious creation under wraps??

Still be in the banana boat next year while the mystery machine takes shape. May get it out for the end of the year.

• Like 1