WSCC / Northampton Motorsport Speed Series 2016 Regs

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

The Westfield "Road Going classes" A to F are supposed to be cars in road legal condition which if competing in a road going class would need reverse box. However if you decide to fit 1C tyres and run in Mod Prods then you don't need a reverse. It all getting very complicated!

The Westfield "Road Going classes" A to F are supposed to be cars in road legal condition which if competing in a road going class would need reverse box. However if you decide to fit 1C tyres and run in Mod Prods then you don't need a reverse. It all getting very complicated!

I disagree Terry, I think that If David is running in F ( then road going in our championship ) and chooses to run 1C tyres ( mod prod on the day ) he still needs a reverse. 

Martin

We do agree

I was really stating the MSA position and if we adopt that it would disadvantage the other cars in classes A to F who want to run 1A and 1B tyres

I have an electric reverse fitted at the moment... just seemed an easy option to save a bit of weight.  Oh well back on the diet

I do find the msa blue book poorly written.

• 5 weeks later...

I guess, like me you have a pre 1990 registered car  :d

Does the car have to be pre 1990 registered or a pre 1990 car? Mines a 1989 chassis but wasn't registered until '94.

It is likely that the Speed Series will not follow this rule and the tyres will need to be the same no matter what age the car or chassis is

• 1 month later...

The latest Draft Regulations including the updated Events.

The normal Ty Croes event in September is not running this year, so we have added the May event that the same club runs.

These are now with the MSA for Approval, so may change, but if you are considering entering then please do so based on these. 

On-Line entries are PREFERRED 

WSCC 2016 MSA VER 1 Draft Speed Series Regs.pdf

• 2 months later...

Hi Nick, have the MDA changed their Blyton sprint dates? I've just checked the website to enter and they're listing it as 18th and 19th June now.

Hi Barney,

If they have, they haven't told me. I'll check. Thanks for the heads-up  :yes:

• Like 1

11th Sept is Speed Series MDA round.

I think Initial SS regs had an earlier date Apr/May ish which was removed on 2nd draft.

And MDA do also have those June dates but not listed in our regs.

It's still listed on the latest version, published a few posts above, as 15th May smeg. It has also been on the MDA website for a few months with that date but with no entry forms, however they've just published the entry forms with a new date of 18th and 19th June. Not a problem if we're still an invited club but it now clashes with Anglesey.

Our date of the 11th September is still on their website. 

We decided not to do the June one as so close to our July event.

So are we not an invited club at the June event? I would rather do that than Anglesey as it's so much closer.

So are we not an invited club at the June event? I would rather do that than Anglesey as it's so much closer.

Not to that event, but they would probably let you enter. Of course as it's not on our regs you can't score points in our Championship there.