WSCC / Northampton Motorsport Speed Series 2016 Regs

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

HI Guys

Thanks for the comments.

Terry. E is an option for me that I am considering though I wont be compettive without spending a lot more money which I am not able to do at the moment. Would need to swap out he syncro box for a start and need a lot more power i suspect. (and talent :down: )

I guess I would still be in 2A or equiverlent on the day though depending on the club so could possably still be ok for competitive on the day and to be honest just having a bit of fun is what its about really.

John. I totaly understand the reason for the rule and kind of agree with it to be honest. We dont want people spending silly amounts of money on engines for roadgoing classes. though I am not sure how you quantify silly.

Your idea of making it only on reducing stroke would be great and make more sence, but I guess the SSOT might think that would be too specific of a rule that was placed there to stop one person which wouldnt really be fair.

Dave. I beleive that is the very senario we are talking about here although not for me,

To be clear i dont hold any grudges at all with the indervidual thats been able to do this. In fact I take my hat off to him. Would love to be able to build a beast like his. :d

My engine was buit from a second hand 10 year old short motor that had all the nice parts and more on it I needed to take my almost standard engine on to the next level of power and still have reliability. Including a steel crank that had a stroke halfway between a 1600cc and 1800cc engine I gurss it was originaly used for sprinting in an under 1700 caterham class.

It was a lot cheaper than bying the parts new to get even part of the way to there so though I was on to a winner until this rule.

While i havent invested the sort of money some people can its was still a lot for me and more important for me has been the time involved as i dont get much of it at the moment. This is the main reason I dont want to start again to be honest.

Having been out of action for 2 years I am really wanting to get back so will find a way some how.

Will sleep on it and see what happens.

Cheers

Ian

Edidted (a lot) as some of that didnt make sence. lol  :blush:

I read it that you can enter Class C Jason,

And compete in Novice Championship against a calculated Target Time for Class C Novices.

well that says it then, i will enter class c next year as a novice, you joining me Dave? 

HI Guys

Thanks for the comments.

Terry. E is an option for me that I am considering though I wont be compettive without spending a lot more money which I am not able to do at the moment. Would need to swap out he syncro box for a start and need a lot more power i suspect. (and talent :down: )

I guess I would still be in 2A or equiverlent on the day though depending on the club so could possably still be ok for competitive on the day and to be honest just having a bit of fun is what its about really.

John. I totaly understand the reason for the rule and kind of agree with it to be honest. We dont want people spending silly amounts of money on engines for roadgoing classes. though I am not sure how you quantify silly.

Your idea of making it only on reducing stroke would be great and make more sence, but I guess the SSOT might think that would be too specific of a rule that was placed there to stop one person which wouldnt really be fair.

Dave. I beleive that is the very senario we are talking about here although not for me,

To be clear i dont hold any grudges at all with the indervidual thats been able to do this. In fact I take my hat off to him. Would love to be able to build a beast like his. :d

My engine was buit from a second hand 10 year old short motor that had all the nice parts and more on it I needed to take my almost standard engine on to the next level of power and still have reliability. Including a steel crank that had a stroke halfway between a 1600cc and 1800cc engine I gurss it was originaly used for sprinting in an under 1700 caterham class.

It was a lot cheaper than bying the parts new to get even part of the way to there so though I was on to a winner until this rule.

While i havent invested the sort of money some people can its was still a lot for me and more important for me has been the time involved as i dont get much of it at the moment. This is the main reason I dont want to start again to be honest.

Having been out of action for 2 years I am really wanting to get back so will find a way some how.

Will sleep on it and see what happens.

Cheers

Ian

Edidted (a lot) as some of that didnt make sence. lol  :blush:

and to think nobody knew until you told us!

• Like 1

I read it that you can enter Class C Jason,

And compete in Novice Championship against a calculated Target Time for Class C Novices.

Correct David

Jason

if you want to run your ZZR's next year and carry on improving your times then you will be in class C. If your still eligible to run as a novice then you'll have novice target times and will continue to compete with all your mates in the novice championship and for novice class awards, hope this helps.

• Like 1

and to think nobody knew until you told us!

Honesty is the best policy John ;-)

• Like 1

Agreed- good work overall SSOT

I thought the stroke rule was in there last year and then got removed when the regs were finalised ?

I'm not sure I understand the need / reason for it.

Seems an odd one to me too.

Plenty of pintos, x-flows, BDs, Millingtons, Cossie YBs are already out there with different strokes, have been for a while

I think banning a crank change is going to add to costs:

Engine swaps will be needed. You'd have to fit something like the VW TSI engine, Ford Ecoboost or even the old cossie turbo and up the boost pressure.

Haha.  I am too honest for my own good.

Plus I alredy quiried it with Nick when it was in the draft for this year  :down:

It will be ok I'm putting a standard crank back in tomorrow night. ;)  :suspect:

• Like 1

Well I've just renewed my licence online so I expect I will be out in some form or other next season regardless :t-up:

• Like 2

Haha.  I am too honest for my own good.

Plus I alredy quiried it with Nick when it was in the draft for this year  :down:

It will be ok I'm putting a standard crank back in tomorrow night. ;)  :suspect:

Are you running a stroked crank with the standard rods and Pistons?

Hi Filfan

Liners and Pistons are all standard sizes off the shelf but the Crank and rods are diferant.

I beleive they were made as a bit of a run of about half a dozen back in the late 90's early 2000 for a hand full of Caterams.

I got the compleat bottom end of the engine including dry sump pan for less than the crank was new so a bit of a bargin. Rebuilt it and bolted on the Head I was alredy running and I have a suprer strong engine.  Well that was the plan but in reality it wasnt that simple as I also went to a dry sump,

Then on only my second event I managed to overheat it and seize a piston so had rebuild it all again. :( Doh.. Totally my own fault that though.  

So thats why I havent really compeated for 2 years apart from 2 events

Well I've just renewed my licence online so I expect I will be out in some form or other next season regardless :t-up:

Me too   :silver-westy:  :silver-westy:  :silver-westy:  :silver-westy:

• Like 2

Just for clarification; can i run 888 (soft) in class a?

Just for clarification; can i run 888 (soft) in class a?

If they are on next years list 1B then yes

They're on the list, but according to MSA rules the SG compound is no longer road legal (I know it actually is road legal, but not according to the muddled up nonsense from the MSA), so will they be allowed? They are no longer available to purchase. I doubt any Scrutineer will ever notice and I wouldn't care enough to grumble, but if you're thinking of entering A1 then it might be an issue if everyone else is forced to run GG.

did you and martin ever get a reply from msa regarding  cages and tyres.  im sorry if I missed it