WSCC / Northampton Motorsport Speed Series 2016 Regs

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Some good initiatives in there under difficult circumstances. Well done SSOT

With regards to the crank ruling, whilst I understand it, I would have thought it more sensible to not allow decreasing capacity (shorter stroke) rather than increasing capacity? Not that it affects me but I see Ian D is affected which seems a shame.

Agreed- good work overall SSOT

I thought the stroke rule was in there last year and then got removed when the regs were finalised ?

I'm not sure I understand the need / reason for it.

Very good, looks like SSOT have done well to try and cover all the bases.

It'll be interesting to see it pan out over the year.

Still see Novice Champ is 8 best rounds but Novice Classes 10 best. Which could result in Novice Champ being beaten in Class (possibly not getting any award in Class) which would look a bit odd if it happened.

Ammo over on Blatchat did some work on the crank stroke thing, when he had the engine building business.

It was I suppose, essentially a geometry thing. He was doing work on de-stroked Duratecs. Simplified greatly, by careful reduction of the crank's stroke, he was able to optimise piston velocities/acceleration and rod angles, such that the max rpm could be raised way higher than normal, so high in fact, that the extra air/fuel the engine could consume at high revs easily offset the reduced capacity.

It was complicated and expensive to do, but I know he got some phenomenal results.

I guess someone built a similar engine?

Can anybody tell me what class I will be in next year as I want to run my zzr's which have only done a handful of events? Im disappointed with the decision, it seems the novices have been hit the hardest not being able to run 1c's, i don't wont to moan as alot of people put alot of time into making the speed series happen which i do appreciate, im just very disappointed that novices can't run 1c's and if they do have to go into another class, surely this will make more classes with less people in them depending on which route people go down? 

I think you can run in C with 1c tyres and you will have a Novice handicapped class C target time (If I understand Marto comment correctly).

Just means on the day you will be in mod prod and probably not competitive but not much difference from today wrt WSCC scoring

seems a shame if it splits some of the novices up, had a great year and some tight competition last year and was hoping for the same again. 

Jason I am afraid that the MSA tyre issue has caused us major problems in the SSOT trying to decide which way to go with an uncertainty about the future available of upper soft ZZRs and their 1C listing

Bets place to go is class C anyway as you won class A and therefore cannot stay a Novice anyway

You will need a Hans Device if you run in mod prods on the day

Your other option is to sell your tyres and buy some 1B tyres so you can run in class B1or B2 (depending on engine capacity) and run in Roadgoing classes on the day

According to the regs, i didn't win the entire novice championship, score over 99 point average or compete in more than 25 events so i think im still a novice. a Hans device is fine and wont be a problem. 

Jason I am afraid that the MSA tyre issue has caused us major problems in the SSOT trying to decide which way to go with an uncertainty about the future available of upper soft ZZRs and their 1C listing

Bets place to go is class C anyway as you won class A and therefore cannot stay a Novice anyway

You will need a Hans Device if you run in mod prods on the day

Your other option is to sell your tyres and buy some 1B tyres so you can run in class B1or B2 (depending on engine capacity) and run in Roadgoing classes on the day

I really don't want to run 1b tyres as i want to improve my times which i have done in the two years i have been competing. 

I will have a set of ZZRs for sale in a few months that I used this year and were new in May. Ideal for classes C, D, E and F. Any takers, please PM me

Jason

Happy to welcome you to Class C if that is what you decide!

With all the changes this year it was just impossible to keep everything as it was!

Best regards

Graham aka Glutey

You may be correct but I thought that if you win a class then you are promoted to Expert

Needs checking out

i would like to be in class c but i don't think i can. 

Why not? You would do well next year

i would like to be in class c but i don't think i can. 

I read it that you can enter Class C Jason,

And compete in Novice Championship against a calculated Target Time for Class C Novices.

• Like 1