maxjax car lift is here at last

pete g

My thoughts too...

indg434-fig2.jpg

I'm curious to see where that photo came from, it may be perfectly genuine, but it looks all wrong to my eye. I've seen a few cars come off two posters, and a few collapses and it looks like neither. In fact it looks staged.

While the angles look alarming, there doesn't appear to be any damage - nor any explanation of how the pieces of the puzzle ended up in that position. The right hand side swing arms aren't even under the car, but appear to be in a stowed position. No broken glass, no scraped concrete, no pulled bolts or fractured concrete, no bent panels or scraped paint.

It's either a freak accident, which do let's face it do happen, or more worryingly faked for some reason...

Oh well, definitely a set up then*, but at least not for a sinister reason.

*Their genuine stuff has as grisly a set of photos as possible - lots of bent metal etc...

:p  :d  :d  :d

Looks like you have thought it through Pete, and will get your use out of it,  

I would sketch it out on my garage floor, just make sure you have the width to swing those arms under a Westfield and support it in the right places.

I like the idea of a concrete beam across the floor as well , rather than feet,  reinforced top and bottom and laid properly using a vibrating poker, but that's me, belt and braces.  especially if you might use it for heavier vehicles.

I'd like one, especially if it had been left to me by a previous owner of my house. As it was all I got was a measly eye bolt in a beam and a set of Model 'T' magazines!  

cd031b16-a56f-4663-822a-4e9ea2d5ffab_zps

I use these ramps that jack up for a lot of underneath jobs.

IMG_0187_zpseszmsrcs.jpg

This looked quite good:  http://www.automotechservices.co.uk/products/as-7630-mobile-scissor-lift/

Looked like a decent compromise. Still a tad pricey really.

Have to say, I fully understand and share the desire for a proper 2 or 4 post lift. The economics make no sense at all, but then little does with this hobby :)

I use these ramps that jack up for a lot of underneath jobs.

IMG_0187_zpseszmsrcs.jpg

I like those a lot MOTCO. Where are they from?

yes seen this company and have them on my fav list .  looks like same lift .when I enquired they had none in stock but wanted me to give them deposit  to hold one . not that silly as I would have been waiting 2 years for it to turn up

Soon to be seen outside Pete's garage                    :westy:  :white-westy:  :black-westy:  :orange-westy:  :lg-westy:  :dg-westy:  :yellow-westy:  :silver-westy:  :purple-westy:  :db-westy:

• 5 months later...

Just ordered mine :d should have it next week