only been waiting 2 years for ce approval

price gone up but I think still good value

Thanks for coming back to us, we can reserve one for you. They will be £1835
+ £85 UK delivery + vat

http://www.maxjaxusa.com/

im thinking of ordering one  if anyone else interested then pm me

you never know might be able to do a deal

regards pete

CE approval doesn't mean much as it's basically manufacturer self approved rather than a third party like UL

Will it be 230v?

Seems quite a lot to me.

You can buy a proper 4 post lift for less than that.

I'd also be worried about the quality of concrete slab and fixings needed vs what is in most domestic garages.

If a 2 post lift I would sacrifice portability for the design where the posts are on a common  steel base of say 10mm

David I can't get 4post in my garage due to height.this is perfect only 2meter posts.and I can move outside for higher jobs.
My garage was built over a main road so floor should be ok. If not not a major job to fit pads.

you could always fit it on a steel floor if you wanted

CE approval doesn't mean much as it's basically manufacturer self approved rather than a third party like UL

Will it be 230v?

Seems quite a lot to me.

You can buy a proper 4 post lift for less than that.

I'd also be worried about the quality of concrete slab and fixings needed vs what is in most domestic garages.

If a 2 post lift I would sacrifice portability for the design where the posts are on a common  steel base of say 10mm

My thoughts too...

indg434-fig2.jpg

• Like 1

Ouch! That one just looks wrong from the start - old concrete next to a fence, small base plate and a 2T truck could surely only end one way?

It is not immediately obvious that there is a huge turning moment on the pillars when they have a load on the extended arms. Think about holding a hundredweight sack of coal at arms length! A really decent concrete floor to bolt deeply into is necessary and these are not often found in domestic garages. I wouldn't mind one of these as I have headroom problems too, but the cost of the gear plus preparation costs cannot justify the outlay.

I want these but they aren't approved in Europe.

http://www.garageautoequipment.com/QuickJack-BL-3500-p/bl-3500.htm

Rather than replace a full garage floor, could you not just cast two concrete beams in the exiting floor where the lift goes.

The beams would run the shortest direction, in line with the support columns.

Cheaper than doing the full floor.

I'd be pondering what my payback for about £2500 would be here...what jobs it would make easier and how often I do them, especially on a Westfield.  Had it 8 years and needed to be under it, erm...4 times maybe.   

The height the thing appears to go to (on their video and pics)  is an awful height to be working under a car, you either need 'high enough to walk around ' or 'low enough so the car is at arms length when you are on your back' , the second of which I can do very securely with ramps and axle stands more quickly than I could bolt this thing in place.

If I really wanted to make the engine more accessible I would buy some of Mick's flared side panels and fit them so they can be removed, there, two birds with one stone.

Of course I realise we don't all do 'analytical'  sometime we buy stuff just because it is shiny,

Jim

• Like 1

For Speed Series competitors like Pete, the car will see a lot more engineering and service work to keep it at the level he competes in, than more road orientated cars.

• Like 1

Rather than replace a full garage floor, could you not just cast two concrete beams in the exiting floor where the lift goes.

The beams would run the shortest direction, in line with the support columns.

Cheaper than doing the full floor.

It needs to be strengthened only in the vicinity of the area where the columns are bolted down but the floor there has to be effectively a 'foot' with a considerable mass and strength. It must be possible to bolt down the columns securely and the mass to which is is bolted must not rotate or tip inwards towards the opposing column at all under the influence of the vehicle weight trying to cause the columns to tilt inwards. A degree in civil engineering would be handy! 

It needs to be strengthened only in the vicinity of the area where the columns are bolted down but the floor there has to be effectively a 'foot' with a considerable mass and strength. It must be possible to bolt down the columns securely and the mass to which is is bolted must not rotate or tip inwards towards the opposing column at all under the influence of the vehicle weight trying to cause the columns to tilt inwards. A degree in civil engineering would be handy! 

Hello.

Yes I agree with all the above.

By the time a foot had been excavated, I just thought it would be easier to dig a trench and fill with concrete and rebar.

It would also be a simple task to install bolts in cones under the column feet so that it had a secure fixing.

Dead easy for an engineer to calculate and design.

The manufacturers may also have a standard detail.

nice unit but to high adam  would never fit in my garage and if it did would have to drive over it every time I used garage. with ne ground clearance.

the one in picture looks like the cowboys never bolted it down .cant see any concrete broken. plus that is a conventional type  not designed to be moved about .

http://maxjaxuk.com/specifications.aspx

if you not happy with your floor get it tested  for lifting a westfield its only going to take about 250kg per arm .

all them American  car must weigh a fair bit more and seems to cope ok . and they sell these in Costco in usa

this is how I see it

low height to fit in my garage should be able to lift westfield up and drive another one underneath for storage even in my lower garage

arms are removable for storage as are the main beams when not needed. but I would leave one always bolted in place. strong enough to lift Westfield on one beam.or  fit motor bike attachment .

in the summer can roll out the garage and bolt to the drive floor for higher jobs and use on family cars with higher roofs.

these units have full access to under the car unlike some cheaper units that I have been looking at.

full ce approval now for Europe and yes 240v

if you move house can come with you easy.

price is dearer than first advertised but probably gone up to pay for approval for eu.

if any one can show me a better option im willing to look as I have been ready to buy one for 2 years now

Fair play Pete - makes sense! Wasn't sure exactly how much / little space you had.

its the garage door opening that the real problem