Anyone put winter tyres on the daily yet?

TAFKARM

Its been pretty mild thus far, but tempted to put them on this weekend. 

Anyone made the swap yet?

We're starting to see a few sub-zero days (well, nights really)  predicted, and the averages have come down a bit now. I think I'd probably do it, and beat the rush!

New winter wheels and tyres for the O/H's Fiesta arrived yesterday so they'll probably go on this w/e.

I'll wait and see how the Quattro performs before that gets any.

I'm about to put them on the wife's BMW 320. It's useless in snow without them, but fantastic with them!

Sounds like a job for this weekend then. Our first winter in our new house...apparently last year the snow was piled up to our first floor window...

Winters for Beths MINI, but the company wont let me put winters on the Golf so looks like I'll be cancelling a lot of meetings if its performance last year is an indication...

Some insurance companies get a bit weird about winters.

Was going to get a set when I had the five series, (for obvious reasons!) But when I phone my old insurance company to check, they counted them as a modification, which my particular policy strictly forbade.

Some insurance companies get a bit weird about winters.

Was going to get a set when I had the five series, (for obvious reasons!) But when I phone my old insurance company to check, they counted them as a modification, which my particular policy strictly forbade.

That was an old Brick Bat from last year Dave and was resolved by the AIB,   best contact them again for the latest ruling to be sure.

This Briskoda thread made me smile. http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/373316-i-dont-need-winter-tyres-because-i-am-so-awesome-thread/

Not had the car for a few years, the current 4x4 came with mud and snows as standard.

Did it 2 hours ago. The summers where getting a bit slick anyhow . I'm posh this year and have some wheel trims for the steels