Mud flaps with velcro

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

mud%20flaps%20001_zpsxpcnxpqf.jpg

mud%20flaps%20002_zpsbws572cy.jpg

The 3 mm rubber was bought from ebay as was the heavy duty velcro. The surfaces were cleaned with white spirit and warmed with a hairdryer before sticking the velcro on. I will leave them for 24 hours before going round the edges with waterproof silicone. Once that is dry I will put them together and then see if it works.

• Like 1

Nice idea! I think that should hold them fast without any problems.

Passed mot today and manage to get out with the roof up for an hour. My first proper drive in my first westy.

Surprising how effective the mud flaps work as well.

• Like 2

Lol no not at all. It sounds and goes better than I imagined. Brand new crate engine though so running in at the moment before I can get it set up on the rolling road. No winter Sorn for me!

Watch out for wheel arches splitting. The wind catches the mud flaps and makes them wobble, which in turn causes more stress on bolts

That is a frightening thought Tex, I wonder if you or anyone has experienced this happening? I hope not.

Here is the finished article. The mud flaps sit 2 inches from the floor, although this picture makes it look like they are touching the floor.

Mud%20flaps%202015%20002_zpssqlxylzy.jpg

More weight added to my car, what a fatty!

Think if i remember right the ones i fitted were soft rubber, maybe if they were stiffer material it might not of wobbled about in the wind. This was on the dax rush. Never bothered after that, never made much difference as muck still went all over.. Doors made better difference. Nicely sealed.

That is a frightening thought Tex, I wonder if you or anyone has experienced this happening? I hope not.

Here is the finished article. The mud flaps sit 2 inches from the floor, although this picture makes it look like they are touching the floor.

Mud%20flaps%202015%20002_zpssqlxylzy.jpg

More weight added to my car, what a fatty!

We should do a Peak District weigh in!

I have access to a weighbridge at work, only 10 mins drive away from Clowne. I can sort it, I bet mine is the tubbiest by far.

Perhaps I should mention that Clowne is the name of a place in Derbyshire and not a funny man wearing strange clothes and heavy make up.

Yes but only on a Saturday night

• Like 1

At last, the nagging worked :)

I hope the Velcro works but not sure and also watch it when you're reversing as it's easy to get them caught up in the wheel.

Barry and Andrew

PS say goodbye to wet elbows :yes:

Those of us stylish owners with excellent classical taste who have swept wings on our cars do not suffer from these issues. :):

• Like 5