Silverstone Classic 2016

Captain Colonial

That's great news, I go every year for all 3 days. I think it's the best event of the year. With so many cars and so much racing, with unrestricted access to pits and paddocks, and topped off on Friday and Saturday with some great live bands and a few beers, what could be better!

I do have the advantage of living in Buckingham, a few miles from Silverstone, but there is plenty of accommodation around the area. If anyone needs any help I can suggest a few places. I've also had good reports of the 'Snoozebox', which looks like a pile of shipping containers, but is good quality accommodation within Silverstone.

Can't promise to have the 'pre-lit' ready, but hope to meet up lots of people.

Cheers

Gary

Did he really deliver?

Yes, he was really goodie two.

I'll post some photos later.

Russ, rumour has it he did it stood up, and no, I am categorically NOT camping.  I might let you dry off in my hotel room if you get too wet in your tent though. 

Now, Gary, did you say you can suggest somewhere, have they got covered parking?

Only 254 sleeps to go

Hotel booked for Friday and Saturday night. Just need to locate Russ's tent in case there is any spare breakfast going  :d

• Like 1

Hi All,

Checked out a friend who does B&B on their farm, but already fully booked. The Villiers Hotel in Buckingham has some covered parking, there is also a Best Western and the Buckingham Travel Lodge.

Regards

Gary

I'll be booking that in to the holiday calendar at work tomorrow.

Scott do you know if there will be any infield camping for the clubs?

We went around 5 or 6 years ago and it was a great event. Very interested in returning next year given the efforts the club have made to secure a stand - well done

We went around 5 or 6 years ago and it was a great event. Very interested in returning next year given the efforts the club have made to secure a stand - well done

Scott's been working really hard on this one, and been literally about to burst with excitement (as have the rest of the committee, as he's kept us up to speed with the details), but until we had confirmation that we'd been accepted, the poor man couldn't tell anyone!

• Like 1

I'll be booking that in to the holiday calendar at work tomorrow.

Scott do you know if there will be any infield camping for the clubs?

2nd this.... What camping will be available and where situated would help us get sorted to attend?

Camping is available at Silverstone Woodlands campsite, within walking distance of Gate 15, just south of Club Corner. Mains showers and toilets are provided in purpose built buildings, and other on-site facilities include a general store and the “Petrol Head” pub. Electrical hook up is also available to purchase. Camping tickets can be purchased at the same time as Event Tickets. Sleeping or camping inside the circuit venue is not permitted. For more information visit www.silverstoneclassic.com/camping

• Like 1