Track day / Sprinting / Race spares and tools storage solutions

B.RAD

Hi All

I'm after some inspiration - after my first year sprinting, one thing that's always served to annoy me a bit is the general clutter and unorganised storage of tools, spares, helmet, race suit boots gloves, fuel oil etc that starts out nicely stored but by the end of an event is all over the place.

What neat storage / packing solutions do others use for the boot of their cars? I'd like to do something clever that results in a lift in/lift out package of all the necessary gear. Any ideas?

Cheers!

Barny

Storage boxes for differing types of clutter :)

• Like 1

A motorhome and covered trailer. Everything has its place and is kept there all year round.

• Like 1

A motorhome and covered trailer. Everything has its place and is kept there all year round.

Perfect! Thanks Paul, when shall I pop round to pick them up?? :d

That would be my dream, but well out of my price range and no where to keep such things at home :(

I have a crate that I put most stuff in (foot pump, pressure gauge, funnels, paper towels etc etc) but then everything gets jumbled up and hard to find - was thinking a tool box of some description for the smaller items and then the crate for the bulkier stuff, but wondered if any of my wisened competitors had solved this little challenge already? Or is it just me being OCD??

A combination of large and small toolboxes with plastic crates for other items seems to work for me

• Like 1

I have a number of those plastic supermarket home-delivery crates.  They stack nicely and are not too deep, so things are easy to find.

I don't have, but will do for next year, a small tool sack for the items I need on the day, foot pump, pressure gauge, few spanners, screw driver and allen keys.

A plastic toolbox with compartments (halford type and cheaper options on the web) are good for keeping tools roughly in the right place.

I do have a metal drawer unit in the trailer, too heavy for moving in and out of a car.  Holds all the other tools but don't (fingers crossed) use that often but always there to lend to others.

I have a carbon fibre F1 travel box and a teng tools chest.,,, keeps everything in its place for about 8 minutes :-)