Anyone recognise this business for sale?

Blatman

I don't know...too small to be Lotus or Caterham but seemingly too big to be Noble, Ariel or BAC.

24 dealers?

Oh wait...It's Westfield.

Poor profits for that amount of turnover

Turnover: £1,890,000

Net Profit: £127,000

My thoughts exactly.

Profits are often hidden through buying equipment, inventory, bonuses to employees, investment back in the business, etc

True, but if I was selling I would have ran Down inventory and expenditure to boost bottom line profit pre sale, but as you say we don't know what's being pulled out of the business that could be cut, still got to whish them good luck and hope they find a buyer who wants to invest

• Like 2

On that turnover, given the overheads, I am amazed that they are making a profit at all.  Indeed if you look at the cash consumed by the business and debt to the parent they have not been in profit for much of the last 5 years.

Unfortunately the kit car business model is very challenging and IMHO will survive only as a small owner operator business rather than as part of a corporate style set up.

Not many people though with the cash needed to acquire and run this as a lifestyle business.  So a lot of debt / goodwill will need to be written off for it to find a new owner.

Obviously I hope it can be taken forward long term.

If true this is an interesting one to watch. On that sort of performance headline figures, that would not entice too many to jump in for sure. I suspect if it is Westfield there is a lot more behind the scenes and that is not a true indication of the worth.

Information on the public domain can and will only tell part of the financial "story". Would be interesting to have a read of a full set of financial statements but given the size of Westfield as a company, they don't have to file full accounts.

Management information (management accounts, cashflows, budget v actuals, etc) will be of much more use when aquiring a business.

Re "manipulating" the profits by not extracting profits/cash or changing working capital strategies - I would hope any accountant worth their fee wouldn't be fooled by these window dressing attempts ;)

Poor profits for that amount of turnover

Turnover: £1,890,000

Net Profit: £127,000

My thoughts exactly.

A 6.7% profit these days is nothing to be sneezed at.  There are quite a few companies out there in the industry making a loss and being propped up by their owners and investors (no names, but we all know who I'm referring to).  Frankly, any company in the industry of this type and size making a profit deserves a pat on the back.

so at the mo its just speculation its westfield? we all may be barking up the wrong tree  as it sort of sounds like them..... with a factory visit this weekend it will make an interesting time if it is! wish i could make it.