Clan mcWesty: Trackscotland Knockhill 31st October

Kirmodawn1

Is anyone planning on going to the Trackscotland session on 31st October. 4 hour open pit from 12-4pm.

Bob

Me and Allister are signed up all ready :) last day of the year in the westy for me :( ...... Better make it a good one :)

Passenger seat welcome to be filled as normal :)

Paul

Remember last time I couldnt get on as it was fully booked, Alistair just turned up and got on no probs, recommend you do the same Bob.

They run a waiting list, so email Fiona and she'll put you on it. Spaces almost always come up.

Matt,

When I called Fiona the waiting list already had 10 on it so Fiona reckoned I wouldnt see the track, how wrong she was as Alistair made it on no probs. Just shows you should make the effort as you never know what happens on the day.

• Like 1

Remember last time I couldnt get on as it was fully booked, Alistair just turned up and got on no probs, recommend you do the same Bob.

That was a strange one as it was a cracking night weather wise and there were over 40 cars for a two hour session.

Longer range forecast is for showers, so might just end up at the caravan that weekend.

Bob

Sent an email to FIona - now on the reserve list but not hopeful, especially if the weather forecast is good.

My own fault - should have signed up earlier - what a plonker!!! :(

Bob

Bob I might also try and get a half day on the 25th at knock hills own day! Be good to get a couple of sessions in before the winter!:)

Also might be getting some new tyres so you could have myR1R,s cheap if you wanted something gripper ?!

Paul

I see it's a full day open pit lane, can you book a half day?

Yes, might be interested in R1Rs for everyday road use.

I've picked up a set of Cosworth wheels and mulling over fitting slicks to try on track. they are around the same price as 888s. Just a thought at the moment but they should make a huge difference at both hairpins at Kames and Knockhill. 

Bob

i will phone and see if they will allow a half day booking! some times they do but it depends on how full they are i think! 

ok cool will pm you about the R1R's 

slicks would be good BUT i have heard of people having problem when running slicks and the rest of the car not being able to take the extra strain! baffled sump i think is a must?! others more technically mined than me will know more! 

Cheers Paul 

i have a night out on 24th so don't fancy an early start on the Sunday but might be up for a 1/2 day.

Yes please. let me know how much you want for them.

The Q is pretty sturdy. I  suspect the weak points would be the driveshafts and whether they are capable of handling almost 300ftlbs of torque with the increase in grip. Worth a try though eh? 

Already have baffled sump.

Open to hear views of those that have experience of slicks though.

Bob

b*******!! 

I was thinking it would not fil;l up as we are late in the season!

oh well, at least i have the 31st in the bag! :)