Kev's winter upgrades

kevip6

Kev, you realise you only need to disconnect one side of the anti roll bar? In the photos it looks like you have disconnected both  ;)  ;)  ;)

looks like you are gonna be busy :t-up:

Kev, you realise you only need to disconnect one side of the anti roll bar? In the photos it looks like you have disconnected both  ;)  ;)  ;)

I'm only showing one side front and back, didn't want to bore you all with photos of still connected ARBS  :p

looks like you are gonna be busy :t-up:

Yes..........  Declared SORN this morning 

Don't forget to reconnect the ARB for any MOT's you need done. (It counts, or sure used to, as a fail if simply disconnected.  :blush:  Found that one out the hard way!) 

Don't forget to reconnect the ARB for any MOT's you need done. (It counts, or sure used to, as a fail if simply disconnected.  :blush:  Found that one out the hard way!) 

That's a good tip, I didn't know that, thanks   :t-up:  :t-up:

• 5 months later...

Quick update, now the sun is out and I've seen lots of sevens on the road enjoying it I have continued my work!

I've disconnected the dash and have it out to use as a template for cutting the carbon one.  

I've also started connecting everything up to the digiDash connectors and have powered it up for the first time

Other than that not much to report but I'm hoping to make a start cutting the dash panel today

dash1.jpgdash2.jpgdash3.jpg

Sorry you fell into that trap Dave, but ARB completely removed is ok for MoT but not disconnected  :(

My own fault Martyn, not going to blame the tester/test on that one. I'm more than used to the "if fitted, it must work" approach to have twigged I'd get pulled up on it.

• 4 weeks later...

So do you ever start a job and wonder if the car will ever work again?

Thats where I'm at right now! I have cut the carbon dash to fit and drilled the mount holes. The Dash2 is mounted and a lot of the connector wires are connected. Its even stating up and displaying revs and all the warning lights! (Speedo sensor is wired and I've set the number of pulses but cant check thats working yet)

However, it all seemed a bit messy so I've decided to remover the scuttle and try and to reroute the cables to tidy everything up. This is where im at now, a birds nest of cables, no bonnet or scuttle on it barely looks like a car!! I just hope i can get it tidied up and more importantly back together and working!!

Monthly meet on Sunday, Kev- crack on! :)

Monthly meet on Sunday, Kev- crack on! :)

Ha ha I'm sure you could have it sorted in no time but all this electric nonsense is like a form of voodoo to me :)

• Like 1

Bought new headlights at Stoneleigh as well so that's another job to the list!