Kev's winter upgrades

kevip6

Hello All, 

I've not been so active on the forum over the last year, and I've not used the Westfield much this year as I've been concentrating on Archery competitions. However, due to a trapped nerve in my neck, I'm having to take a forced break from archery and so I'm going to spend some more time on and hopefully in the Westfield this winter and next year in general.

So, seen as I may have questions and so people who may be doing similar upgrades can see what I'm up to an chip in as and when I thought I'd document my winter upgrades in a thread!

The list is:

Carbon Cycle Wings

Carbon Arch Protectors

Carbon Tunnel

Carbon foot matts

Carbon Dash - including all new switches

DigiDash connected to the DL1 Logger

Carbon Side Panels from mhc

General tidy up of the electrics 

I have a rear duffuser to fit but I'm going to look at that as I'm not sure I have an easy fit due to the positions of my fuel pumps.

Plus possibly a cage but that's later

I also plan on raising the ride height by an inch as I'm VERY low at the moment and whilst it's great to drive on track it's no fun on the road as every bump  runs the risk of grounding out. I may also play with suspension settings and ARB's to make it more comfortable for the road but easily swapped back to track setup.  All in a bid to use to more often in 2016

I'll post some pictures of how she looks now and hopefully document my progress with photos

• Like 1

First question:   What's the best tool for cutting the carbon fibre sheets / dash to shape?

I used a dremel and make sure you have a good dust mask!

I used a grinder with a fine cutting disc to get close on my tunnel top, finished it off with the dremel & a belt sander on the straight bits.

Looks like you have a similar upgrade list to me.

Where did you get your Carbon cycle wings from?

Cheers

Andy

• Like 1

I used a dremel and make sure you have a good dust mask!

Cheers Russ, Which cutting attachment? 

Looks like you have a similar upgrade list to me.

Where did you get your Carbon cycle wings from?

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,  I got the Aerodynamix CSR style ones.  I'm going to fix them with Probolts and countersink washers after not being happy with my last big heat / fibre glass fittings

Cheers Kev,

Look forward to seeing some photos.

Still Can't make my mind up to which ones to go for.

I taped over the complete dash with masking tape and then used a jigsaw on mine, then tweaked to finish with a file

I used these, easy to use on radius cuts, no splinting and last for ever

Used the same as Lewis on a Dremel,they also sell sanding blocks for the edeges with a rough and smoother side you get a nice finish.

Fantastic guys, that links for the links.

I started work this morning before an afternoon of wall papering!

So I've raised the front by about 10am, disconnected the ARBs front and rear, removed the tunnel Ali panels and started to disassemble the dash. Pictures when back at work on monday