Anglesey Videos

XTR2Turbo

Here is my timed run from Sunday.  The only run I filmed.

A bit scrappy but the car was handling much better than Saturday many thanks to Matt. I missed a gear into Church and as a result ran wide which was a bit exciting and then the clutch completely let go on the run up to Rocket and I had no choice but to cruise to the finish from there.  Time a bit academic but 1:62

https://youtu.be/ZFOWqIMk_1c

David

• Like 2

Not bad for a 'Lardy Car' with windscreen etc. though I say so meself  :laugh:

2nd practice felt well slow along the coastal section and couldn't understand why until Shaggydoo told me the wind had changed! Thankfully there was virtually no wind for this run and was very pleased with it :) ...

& still more to come IF we'd had more runs! :(

• Like 1

That was a really really good run David! Only small tweak would be to run a bit wider (further to the right) on the entry to the left hander onto the pit straight (the exit of corkscrew), so you could carry a bit more speed through there and get the power down earlier :t-up:

My worst run for a long time. At the first corner the nose started falling off. Having got rid of a lot of understeer there is still an un-predicatable amount of snap understeer which caught me out in Church and also the corkscrew. For a moment I actually thought I might crash as it was taking too long to get her back in control and space was running out. Then I decided to give up.

• Like 1

That was a really really good run David! Only small tweak would be to run a bit wider (further to the right) on the entry to the left hander onto the pit straight (the exit of corkscrew), so you could carry a bit more speed through there and get the power down earlier :t-up:

Thanks Adam, I did struggle with consistency of line through the corkscrew & that was not one of my best!

Was well chuffed with the run though :)

My worst run for a long time. At the first corner the nose started falling off. Having got rid of a lot of understeer there is still an un-predicatable amount of snap understeer which caught me out in Church and also the corkscrew. For a moment I actually thought I might crash as it was taking too long to get her back in control and space was running out. Then I decided to give up.

Eeek!!

All that grass, cruising back & still as quick as me!

heres my best attempt from sat. Completely messed up school on the second lap and nearly went grass tracking. Watch out for the orient Lee Smith express as I pit in

https://youtu.be/qUx0vptZbU4

Some good saves there David and Adrian, not surprised you decided to back off!

So once I'd got over my alternator failure first thing Saturday morning and got a total loss plan in action I still managed to have a great weekend. Here we have my two best runs from the weekend, shame we didn't get more runs as i can see much room for improvement  :)

Saturday

Sunday

• Like 1

Here are my runs from Sunday on the new Coastal/International double lap layout.  My best was P2 at 162.4, followed by a slower timed run at 163.6 or something :down:

P2:

T1:

And here's Saturday's national layout runs, T1 a 124 and T2 a 122

• 3 weeks later...