First trackday at Blyton

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

The inevitable has happened, Julie has done her first trackday.

DSC_2504%20-%20Copy_zpsvf1j8ur5.jpg

I have been round Blyton 2 years ago as a passenger with Jamie Morrow thanks to Russ and the Westfield Factory, that was interesting! Ever since I have wanted to have a go myself, but not had the confidence or car to do it.

Then Trevturtle came into my life and changed that. Yesterday we did a few laps, did a bit of 'Over to the right' 'Head for the blue cone' Turn NOW' and blooming heck all this available tarmac appeared!

We had loads of fun, no cyclists, speed cameras or tractors to worry about, I was pleased to do over 100mph on the back straight. Trevor even let me loose on my own to practice, no fat lad and it goes much faster  :) . Then Trevor (not me, phew) snapped the throttle cable, and amazingly had a spare, so it as on with the show, hooray.

Blyton%20Track%20Day%202015%20133_zpsqku

It's not my muscles that hurt today, I have a strange aching in the bones of my arms and legs, is that normal? or am I just a wuss?

Track time is amazing, it is like nothing else you do, thank you is a really puny word, what can I say, Trevor, er thank you very much.

There are not many pictures because I am entering them for the calendar. Have you entered yours yet? Come on do it in your dinner hour, it only takes a minute.

So why don't you try speed series next year .......you will get the bug!!!!

• Like 2

Oh I have got the bug, just not got the bank balance. What fun you guys have, you are so very, very lucky.

I always feel like I have done a few rounds in a boxing ring after a track day - these days I generally get to about 3.30 and decide to call it a day - by the time you have loaded the trailer and driven back, unloaded and dropped trailer back at work it makes a bl**** long day of it as well

looks like you had great weather - Blyton is tip top for sevens :t-up:

I just have aching wrists after a trackday.    Trackdays help rid you of all that aggression (if you had any) and at the end of the day your head is buzzing.

Clark, that's why I was so grateful to Trevor as well. I just drove my Westfield to Blyton (approx 1.5 hours) and met Trevor there. He had all the messing about loading and unloading the trailer. At the end of the day I just jumped back in my Westfiled and drove back home, which is always a pleasure. Oh and thanks, I don't feel so wussy now.

Sooty, wrists were fine, it was my long bones that hurt. I am a bit short on aggresion but I am a very determined lass. I was definitely going to hit the ton, sorry Trevor, I don't think I mentioned that beforehand!

Blyton%20Track%20Day%202015%20014_zpsc3b

Blyton is great, I have always thought that.

In with the boy racers, no pressure girl, no pressure.

Blyton%20Track%20Day%202015%20026_zpst1m

Well done Julie.

So, see you out in yours at next year's WSCC Blyton trackday :)

That last pic looks like rush hour! :d

Thanks Dave. The WSCC trackday next year? Good idea, do you think I will be OK in my car though? I have a 'pretty' roll bar rather than a 'safe' one. I have 16 inch T1R's (Trevor had 13 inch R888). I have no trailer so will have to drive it home and Glen's car has no tow bar facility. There could be a problem  :oops: .

Let loose on my own, after the rush hour.

Blyton%20Track%20Day%202015%20162_zpstjt

Thanks Dave. The WSCC trackday next year? Good idea, do you think I will be OK in my car though? I have a 'pretty' roll bar rather than a 'safe' one. I have 16 inch T1R's (Trevor had 13 inch R888). I have no trailer so will have to drive it home and Glen's car has no tow bar facility. There could be a problem  :oops: .

I'd change the roll bar for one from Playskool, your wheels and tyres are fine (for the moment and you can ask Glen to drive you home  :laugh:

The Westfield trackday is brilliant and well behaved

Glad you enjoyed it - even with the traffic!

I need to have serious words with you on Tuesday Mr Van Zee. Just because Glen has offered you a kiss, it doesn't mean you can try and get him a drive in my car  :d .

I am worried that I might break it and that I, me, can't drive it home. 

Lots of people drive their cars to track days Julie.

I drove mine to Blyton this year, thrashed it all weekend then drove home with a big smile on me face.

And did that for all my track visits the first year I had the car and many the 2nd year, and on T1Rs which although slower are absolutely fine & great fun at a lower speed.

In my experience and on the advice of many much more experienced drivers, It's much better to learn how one's Westie handles on slippy tyres before upgrading to stickies.

• Like 2

And if something unexpected happens, there are lots of friendly chaps who would give you a helping hand Julie.

And if something unexpected happens, there are lots of friendly chaps who would give you a helping hand Julie.

Absolutely, AND there's usually a kindly soul around willing to drive their Westie home while the 'broken' car gets trailered.

Looks like a cracking day! I'm definelty up for Blyton next time you go!