Clan McWesty: Kames plus Dalveen pass loop 4th of October

paul n

Hi all 

As discussed in previous thread i am planning to have a run down to kames on the 4th of October to support/ heckle Alaister AKA "the prisoner/pensioner" who is racing the sprint in his J15 (can't believe he sold the megabusa!)  

So anyway plans would be to have a civilized start at around 9:30- 10 am in Balerno/ that area of town then head down to kames via the A70 over to Carstairs down to Douglas and then onto Murkuirk. This in it's self is a great road and the last 10 miles to murikirk is fine twisty affair. The other option would be to head north to Strathhaven and then down the moor road to Muirklirk. This is arguably a nicer driving road but the will take a little longer. This leg should take about 1 hour 30 mins. 

The cafe at Kames does good chips burgers etc so we can have lunch there and watch some of the racing.

After lunch we can head south down the lead hill Dalveen pass loop (best road i have ever driven!) have a whip around that then coffee at Abington to warm up and then just smash it back to Edinburgh up the A702 or we can go the scenic route is we can still feel our fingers. faces (says the man with the aeroscreen!)    

https://goo.gl/maps/QnAvt5v1m122

Post up if you keen and then we can arrange more details 

Cheers Paul 

• Like 1

Paul,

Still up for this one (Having had the priviledge of going round Kames in Alistairs' mega, am keen to see the J15!).

I will meet up with you at Kames late AM for chips and chat, and then if you still fancy, a run to Dalveen / Mennock (My local roads) after watching the sprint.

See below for alternative route to yours, but does include a 7 mile single track bit from Glespin to Crawfordjohn, but goes down the Mennock pass and up the Dalveen.

https://goo.gl/maps/TMwfkLmRMaD2

Cheers,

Dave.

If I get my finger out & get the hallway decorated I think I will be tagging along if thats ok. Where about in Balerno is the meet?

Hi all 

long range weather looking good! 

we can look at the route choice on the day for the Dalveen loop :) 

will have a look for a suitable location for meet point in Balerno

Cheers Paul

Last weekend at the caravan with wife and grandkids! Hope the weathers kind to you guys and have a good run

Just found out my car won't be ready, so I'm out. Might nip down to Kames around lunchtime to say hello though.

I'll be there. It's a decent run down to Kames from Paisley and it's an interesting day out as a spectator anyway. If anyone else can make it and wants to have a wee run then that's a bonus.

Bob

Last bicycle race of the year on Sunday so cant make it.

Forgot to SORN kit on Wednesday so up for a few more Sat/Sun drives in Central belt if anybody else fancies one