Make your car a star - photos needed for the 2016 WSCC Calendar!

Captain Colonial

Yes folks, yet again it’s time to get sorting through those photos you’ve been taking this year and select the best ones to send in for inclusion in the 2016 WSCC Calendar!

So if you want your Westfield to be a calendar star, it's time to send in your pictures!

If you want a bit of inspiration and ideas, previous calendars can be downloaded here. Be creative!

There are only a few things:

1. You must be a WSCC member.
2. You must have taken the photograph yourself — do not send a photo of your car that you have purchased from a photographer.
3. The photograph should feature either a Westfield car or should illustrate an aspect of WSCC life (but no gurning faces or close-ups of young ladies’ bottoms or other bits please!).
4. You can either enter an electronic file or a colour print.
5. Electronic files must be of sufficiently high resolution to be capable of reproduction in print.
6. Pictures must not have appeared previously, either in Westfield World or on the WSCC Boardroom.
7. You agree to WSCC using your picture on the WSCC Calendar, or in any other way to promote the club and its activities.

8. The editor's decision is final.

The photo must be of sufficient quality to be printed in A4 size, so anything smaller than 1 Mb is highly likely to be rejected.  If you are emailing your photo, please check that your phone / tablet app doesn’t downsize attachment files when sending.

E-mail your pictures to:
editor@wscc.co.uk

Files which are too large to be e-mailed can be sent via Hightail — click here, where you will find full instructions. This is a free service.

The higher the quality, the higher the resolution, the higher the chance you'll get your photo in the calendar.  You are not limited to one photo - send in as many of your best efforts as you can!

Don’t forget to include as much information about the photo as you can - where taken, whose car or other interesting facts. Entries without such supporting info may not be considered - and don't forget to include your own name in full and name of featured photo item / person.  We want to put this info on the photos so we can all understand and enjoy.

or post to:

Westfield World
8 Weldon Way

Thame

Oxfordshire OX9 3WW

Closing date for entries is 1st November 2015

Good luck! :t-up:

"The photo must be of sufficient quality to be printed in A4 size, so anything smaller than 1 Mb is highly likely to be rejected.  If you are emailing your photo, please check that your phone / tablet app doesn’t downsize attachment files when sending."

​VERY IMPORTANT - please check that your image files are large enough. A jpg file of 1MB or larger should be OK; but if the image you're thinking of sending is smaller than that, chances are it won't be. Even if it is larger than 1MB, be aware that some email apps/services may automatically downsize attached files, unless you override, so that I may receive a much smaller version of the file that you have sent.  Please check your email settings and make sure that images will be sent at full size before you send.

Peter Osborne

editor@wscc.co.uk

• 4 weeks later...

Bumpity bump bump reminder gang, keep your photos coming, still need LOTS more of them!  If we don't get enough QUALITY photos, we can't give you a quality calendar, and we're not going to use rubbish photos and have a rubbish calendar.

We've had a few photos come in that were thumbnail size, which would be perfect if we were making a thumbnail size calendar but are otherwise useless!  PLEASE read Peter's post above, you might have next year's cover photo but we won't be able to use it because of the format you send it in.

Of course, if we don't get enough photos, I might have to do what our retired Chairman Paul Edden did and strip off for some candid photos.  Now if that isn't sufficient incentive to get your photos sent in, I don't know what is. :d

• Like 1

Bumpity bump bump reminder gang, keep your photos coming, still need LOTS more of them!  If we don't get enough QUALITY photos, we can't give you a quality calendar, and we're not going to use rubbish photos and have a rubbish calendar.

We've had a few photos come in that were thumbnail size, which would be perfect if we were making a thumbnail size calendar but are otherwise useless!  PLEASE read Peter's post above, you might have next year's cover photo but we won't be able to use it because of the format you send it in.

Of course, if we don't get enough photos, I might have to do what our retired Chairman Paul Edden did and strip off for some candid photos.  Now if that isn't sufficient incentive to get your photos sent in, I don't know what is. :d

NOOOOOOOO, Not the nettle bush again....

• 2 weeks later...

Files which are too large to be e-mailed can be sent via yousendit — go to www.yousendit.com, where you will find full instructions. This is a free service.

yousendit doesn't seem to exist (unless I'm doing something wrong).

Sent mine in using Google drive, but who knows if they'll actually get through.

Sending pictures shouldn't be as hard as this  :down:

yousendit doesn't seem to exist (unless I'm doing something wrong).

Sent mine in using Google drive, but who knows if they'll actually get through.

Sending pictures shouldn't be as hard as this  :down:

Apologies - it appears yousendit has recently been acquired by Hightail.  I've corrected my OP and added the link for a free trial account.

Photos can also be sent in the post on a CD / memory stick (you need to enclose an appropriate SAE if you want it back).

• Like 1

Please keep your photos coming folks, just a few weeks left to be famous! :t-up: