Excellent Garage Floor

DerekJ

Hi All.

I bought some of THESE garage floor recycled PVC tiles and laid them today. REALY easy to lay over a bare concrete floor and should keep the damp levels down as they will keep the moisture in the floor slab. The fully interlocking design keeps the whole thing square when you lay them and can hardly be seen when finished. Down side is thet I can see the peeks and troughs in the floor now and they sound a little hopllow when layed over a trough but it's a rough concrete floor so I did not expect any better.

Most chuffed with them. There are cheaper ones on the bay and more expensive ones if you want pretty patterns but these were the best value I found. The most difficult part of the job was moving all of the cr@p out then moving it back in when the job was finished.

Cheers All.

DerekJ

Thanks for this, tempted by this option myself! Got any pics of them in place? How solid are they to use a trolley jack on?

Thanks for this, tempted by this option myself! Got any pics of them in place? How solid are they to use a trolley jack on?

Hi Bud,

Thet recomend using a board under axel stands and jacks as they will cause marks but they are dense enough to be stable. I'll post up a pic once I've tidied up a bit.

Hi Derek, glad you are happy with them, I got some delivered a few weeks back from the same outfit (not recycled) but have recently wrecked my foot so been bedridden for over a week.

Intend to lay mine next week if all is well with the foot. My slab is dry and level (but dusty) so hope I wont get that slightly hollow sound. And will certainly be nicer to lie on than dusty cold concrete...

Here is the floor...

20150830 105336 small

Can you see the join  in the grey tiles...

20150830 105420 small

BUD,

I have some off-cuts I'm going to bin. If you want a sample PM me your address and I'll send some through

Cheers

DerekJ

They're all very well, but given the number of times i've spilled engine oil on my garage floor and had to pop it up with old towels, I'm not sure I like the idea of oil getting under a set of tiles like that. I can't see that they could possibly be such a tight fit as to stop any oil getting between them.