Right - it's happening!

Rory's Dad

After Martins shock announcement this morning, I think I'm coming to terms with it. I suppose one slightly willing volunteer/victim is better than none.

No, seriously Martin asked me a while back to think about taking over and I thought, alright I'll give it a go, how hard can it be? I guess I'll find out soon. My only experience with anything like this was being the manager of my sons football team, with no interest in the game we had one win in two years when the other team didn't turn up, let's hope I do a better job here.

I've owned my Westfield for just over 2 years and a member of the club for the same time, I couldn't have wished for a warmer welcome and met a lot of good people, with a lot of sound advice and good humour. I hope I can count on everyone to help me out where needed.

Martin has done a good job in the Yorkshire Area and I hope I can carry on in the same manner and also introduce some new runs and meetings to the calendar. If anyone has any ideas, then I'm open to listen to any suggestions that may come up. I'm not promising to make every run or meeting, but I will do my best.

So what does the future hold? I don't know, but I'm sure I'll muddle through somehow.

I want to wish Martin and his wife all the best for the future in Norfolk and I'm sure we'll see him again.

• Like 2

EM VEE ZEE, I dont recall giving you permission to leave, you cannot do this until I say so.....right?  :p

Seriously though good luck with your new venture, you will be an asset to any new area you choose to frequent, I for one will miss you  :cry:

(see you at Stoneleigh next year)  :t-up:

Robin good luck to you in your new post, the club needs guys like you :t-up:

• Like 1

Forgot to ask, when do I get the company Westfield?

• Like 1

Martin,  good luck to you and your Wife in your new home  :t-up:

West Yorkshire will never be the same  :(

Robin, all the best for volunteering and good luck  :yes:

• Like 1

Sorry to see Van Zee go to another area, but delighted that we have Robin in charge.

All the best to both of you

Glen and Julie

• Like 1

Watch out for the carrot crunchers.... It's a local county for local people :-)