Caterham 7 on Wheeler Dealers tonight

lewis

It says Fiat Panda 4x4! Am I on the wrong forum? I think it's next week for the Cateringvan.

It says Fiat Panda 4x4! Am I on the wrong forum? I think it's next week for the Cateringvan.

They've changed it! Honest it said 24th this morning and on the advert I saw yesterday.

I thought it was supposed to be an old one? Thats on a  '14 plate...

Some talk on PH about it being an ex-academy car.....?

Remoulds on the fiat 4x4 ??

I wouldn't be adverse to remoulds on a 4x4 tyre but not on a road car that gets to any decent speed.

I've seen an episode before where they converted an ex academy car into a comfier cage less road car, possibly same episode? Felt very counter intuitive to me, considering most people do the opposite conversion to some degree sooner or later.

That was Mike Brewers other "Trading Up" program.

Lots of Academy Cars used to get converted back to more road cars, the regs evolve over the years and seem to be based round a new car when they have a significant change, so old models filter into other series and road use.

I don't know if it's still the case, but last time I used to visit Blatchat a lot, there didn't seem the obsession with stripped out road going cars with cages, that we have at the moment.

I wouldn't be adverse to remoulds on a 4x4 tyre but not on a road car that gets to any decent speed.

fair enough, but i would wonder how much that car would be used on the roads. i pretty much stop watching the program when it gets to the selling part as I find that bit a tad naff.

i wonder if the more modern panda 4x4 is as good?

I can believe that Dave, my Dad used to frequent Blatchat back around 2001 ish and had a bike engined Striker. Even aero screens were rare back then, never mind full cages, almost would have looked strange on the road.

I can believe that Dave, my Dad used to frequent Blatchat back around 2001 ish and had a bike engined Striker. Even aero screens were rare back then, never mind full cages, almost would have looked strange on the road.

Aeros do seem much more popular now, but then, thanks to the dimensionally stable aluminium bodywork and the windscreen arrangement, it's much, much easier to whip the screen off for the summer, then take the aero off and put the screen back, in the winter.

Also,and this is osmething a few of us have been talking about on runs recently, and how to broaden the appeal of our clubs events, but Caterham ownership/events/trips out seem a lot more "partner" friendly than ours; many, many more wives and girlfriends get involved and way, way more cars are two up it would appear.

Monday 7th at 9pm on Discovery according to the tivo box