Help me find a new car

Ragged Racing

Hi

The time has come to change my road car, but I have no idea what to get. I currently have a BMW 320D M sport which has been great but not totally practical for a family car now the three kids are getting bigger. The wife has got a 7 seater Renault, so don't need anything like that, but not sure what I should go for. Have had a look at a new shape Rav 4, Freelander, and qashqai, but not convinced I need anything that big or tall. Or shall I go for an estate car but which one? 

Budget is 16K ish, needs to be family friendly, diesel, suitable for towing, 4 wheel drive would be nice but not essential and not have stupidly expensive low profile run flat tyres that I have now.

Any suggestions or help would be really helpful 

Thanks

I get my tyres from tyre universe and for the past few years I have saved up to £100.00 a tyre

That's on a Jaguar XJ and two BMW's

Skoda Superb

+1 to that.

My regular taxi driver has a black estate. 170ps one i think...rapid enough and huge.

Interior is a nice place to sit.

Will be in it tomorrow morning.

I have a subaru legacy and its great.  Does everything on your list and quite a handsome thing.

11018896_929260450428451_190011038225930

11115787_10155398529300253_2930806090820

Dave

Ford Mondeo would be my suggestion. 140ps, 163ps or 200ps diesels available. Awesome tow cars and family cars and the titanium x sport models are fully loaded with the gadgets and look the nuts with a subtle bodykit. Rock solid reliability too. Don't discount them just due to the badge. A very underestimated car nowadays.

As  they are doing such good deals at the minute coming up to September launch with new reg would possible go for an renualt captur or dare I say the ridiculous value for money dacia range , you could have it gold plated for 16k , personally would possibly have a decent newish audi a4 tdi estate though .

I have the 170 Superb 4x4 estate and an Octavia 4x4 estate and both are great. Octavia is cheaper to run but not as much space with 5 up, but the Superb is huge, comfortable and pretty quick for a big car. Both tow well too. 

Luke.

• Like 1

Yeti, or an A4 Avant Quattro, range of engines to suit you from the RS4 down to a lowly derv.    I have an S4 Avant for towing duties and it's great.

For £16k I'd be straight into a 5 series touring :)

Honda CR-V good quality vehicle and will take the offspring when required

Said it before but I really liked the legacy (some of the dash was a bit cheap but not enough to put me off) - test drive one :-)

Big fan of the 5 series touring having run one for a few years - guess it depends where you live as regards to rear drive although you can get over that with winter tyres if you be arsed with the hassle

Really wanted a Subaru Forester until I test drove the petrol. It was so bad we had to walk away. Maybe the diesel is good but the gearing on the petrol for a 4wd was so hopeless ie tall it wouldn't pull the ducks off the pond.

Interior trim and plastics poor. Hyundai Santa fe outclassed it in all Dept's.