Westfield Badge in Stainless

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Is your current badge individual letters or one piece in that each letter is joined by metal?

Have you got an image of it?

As suggested above by Sparkymart you may want to consider speaking to Wf to make them aware of your intentions to reproduce their badge. Just to cover yourself. If they are OK with it then all is well :)

Is your current badge individual letters or one piece in that each letter is joined by metal?

Have you got an image of it?

As suggested above by Sparkymart you may want to consider speaking to Wf to make them aware of your intentions to reproduce their badge. Just to cover yourself. If they are OK with it then all is well :)

Shame, I think what was intended with all good intensions and innocence , may end up turning into a can of worms!

I have no idea what the laws/rules/regulations stipulate on this, but I would have thought as soon as you approach Westfield, I would be extremely surprised if they OK it.

It's just a (comparative small) group buy to obtain an item at a discount, nothing sinister about that.

Westfield have told us many times at get togethers, open-days etc that they are generally OK with owners having (usually stickers) logos etc made for their own use, the one proviso every time, is that they must not be derogatory or in any way demean the brand. Which a straight copy of either the logo or the word Westfield does not do. 

Of course, the owner having something made up MUSTN'T be selling them on for profit either!

And that's it. If you want to make it official, speak to SImon at Westfield Sports Cars, but I'm not sure there's any great need...

Please, lets not build this into something it just isn't, many of us, myself included have had various logo'd items made up, frequently in full knowledge of the factory, with no problems whatsoever.

Hi Julie,

As previously discussed please put me down for one of these.

Ian

Julie, good idea with the badge I think that’s brilliant but you will fall foul of the goody two shoes WSCC/Westfield copy stuff and will send a hit squad round your place to rough up your paintwork. Oh err

Or do we have the blessing of Westfield’s to get some made or is it another good idea gone up in smoke?

Just a note: Can I have one? how manys that? price reduction? lol

Terry

• Like 1

From Dave's response it sounds like it should be fine :)

To the OP, have you already got a scan for the laser company or are they going to do it for you?

I have used a company for a number of pieces so let me know if you run into any issues as I can always try them instead.

Westfield have told us many times at get togethers, open-days etc that they are generally OK with owners having (usually stickers) logos etc made for their own use, the one proviso every time, is that they must not be derogatory or in any way demean the brand. Which a straight copy of either the logo or the word Westfield does not do. 

Of course, the owner having something made up MUSTN'T be selling them on for profit either!

And that's it. If you want to make it official, speak to SImon at Westfield Sports Cars, but I'm not sure there's any great need...

Please, lets not build this into something it just isn't, many of us, myself included have had various logo'd items made up, frequently in full knowledge of the factory, with no problems whatsoever.

That's good news.  :t-up:  

I have no problem with what Julie is doing its a great deal for fellow WSCC members.

The problem is Julie is selling on behalf of a company that will make a profit that isn't part of WSCC traders .

I would much rather buy a product made by or sourced by a WSCC member as we all know how fussy we are and if we ourselves endorse it , it should be a good product.

We all know of people and companies who can make stuff we need , but to avoid upsetting the powers that be can I suggest we keep it to either PM's or area meetings.

I hope this isn't taken the wrong way by anybody.

This is getting silly.  I had some t-shirts made that included the WF roundel and Simon said fine and could he have one please!  There is no problem as far as I can see with any supplier making money out selling us t-shirts.  After all who's paying for them?  Not the factory  :laugh:

• Like 1

Put me down for one please.

I'll also take one please always handy as a spare. Just a thought are they being laser cut or water cut? If water cut could they not be cut out of a sheet of carbon........?

Wow, what a reaction, we are all awake then.

Tomorrow I am removing my Westfield badge, taking it to the company and placing an order for 5. I will put a photo of the badge on here and update this in a week or so when the job is done.

Keep Calm and Carry On.

• Like 3