User Names, where did yours come from?

Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

Fink angel is a character out of Judge Dredd.

Years ago when i wanted a user name I had a small lead miniture on the shelf of 'finkangel' and the rest is history.

OK, so I was/am a Judge Dredd fan :getmecoat:

This was my first venture into the world of social media and I didn't want to use my full real name, but also thought it made sense to use my first name.

I loved Dastardly and Muttley (still love that Terry Thomas / Leslie Phillips style. 'nurse Bell....ding, dong :laugh: ' but I digress) and it seemed appropriate with the car connection to whacky races.

I'm very glad I still quite like it as I've stuck around. I've a right lame name on ebay which the GF chose :d

Pretty well thanks. You?

And yes, still lurking...  :oops:

Yes, not too bad thanks... :t-up:

Like Doug, WSCC was also my first foray into social media and my user name came to me in a flash of inspiration - Westy because it's a Westy and Nottm because that's where I am!

Not particularly thought-provoking but it works for me.

When I first started using "social meeja" it was well before half the world thought it ok to reveal every moment of their lives on FB, Twitter etc. and most wanted to limit what the shadier side of those using the net could find out about you, so using an alias was very common, almost obligatory if you frequented any tech savvy sites.

My online name simply stemmed from an interest in technology that I've always had, and a job that frequently involved the selling of and installation of hi tech gadgetry for the home. (From home theatre to the complete James Bond villains lair style automation and control).

That anonymous policy got a little knocked for six on here, when I was one of those behind the drive to make both the committee and the clubs AO's more easily identifiable and "known" to the rest of the club. So we as AO's and committee members, kept our existing Boardroom names, but now have our real names up there as well

I own several!  :p 

(Plus a Leatherman and a Gerber; the Leatherman used to practically live on my belt and was incredibly handy, but drifted away from carrying it full time when the tabloids decided to turn it into an anti social we're all going to be stabbed to death witch hunt).

Only if you read and believe such tabloids. The only place the old trusty Victorinox doesn't go is through airport security - it's in the checked in luggage but it goes everywhere with me. I've also been known to wear a hoodie, bladdy rebel!

the complete James Bond villains lair style automation and control

Always wanted one of those, very cool   :blues:

Its my name....

Daniel HUTCHinson

Daniell