User Names, where did yours come from?

Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

bombero, on account that I'm a firefighter .. .. and learning Spanish!

should be Hose A then  :)

That was actually quite brilliant, but I'm dammed if I'm going to tell you..!

• Like 1

Ages ago I used Kingster on the web when a 'user name' was asked for - as my second name is King and in the early days, you couldn't use spaces and just 'King' would have sound a tad egocentric! But as the web got more and more users, that one soon became more common, so at the time I had a Honda VTR1000, which has 996cc engine - and so I used kingster996. 

I've never yet come across a site that has another one, so it just stuck as my default username.

I've been on enough forums and too enough forum meets to realise it's eaier to have my name, than introduce myself as something like "Shaggy Bombastic 82".

Exactly this. So it's just my name.

Exactly this. So it's just my name.

But you probably have got the best avatar...

Greying out the "Touch this" is just class, much respect is due.

• Like 1

I'm motco as that contraction of my Boardroom identity seemed easier once someone here coined it - Blatman I believe

Really? That was me? Sorry...  :down:

Like MoTCO I was a Blatchatter from around the late 90's. Seemed an obvious choice. I was surprised it hadn't already been taken. I still pop along to their Central London meet (far too infrequently of late) 'cos you don't need a membership to eat curry with a load of petrol heads  :d

Hit a tree hillclimbing in France many years ago. I'd driven my car over there but I did so much damage that I had to ponce a lift home to get my tow car and trailer in order to get the thing back.

Pete G called me a Crash Test Dummy (and worse) all weekend and the name stuck.

I was the only punk/goth in hall of residence at college. So looked a bit different to the other spic n span sorts!

They nicknamed me Smegma which shortened to Smeg. The name 'stuck' to the extent that most friends only call my by it and if someone calls me by my real name I often don't respond. This was way pre Red Dwarf.

My Wendz is into tigger, has many cuddly toys, is a bouncy personality so clearly tigger fitted.

As all tiggerite's know he's the only one or in tiggers own words 'onliest'

So I'm 'Onliest Smeg' & Wendz is 'onliest tigger' on here.

As for my Westfield...

"I am not a Seven, I am not a number, I am the Onliest One"

Really? That was me? Sorry...  :down:

Like MoTCO I was a Blatchatter from around the late 90's. Seemed an obvious choice. I was surprised it hadn't already been taken. I still pop along to their Central London meet (far too infrequently of late) 'cos you don't need a membership to eat curry with a load of petrol heads  :d

What-Ho Blatters! Good to see you're still hovering about in the background! Hope the world is treating you well?  :t-up:

I assumed you had a Porsche.

I was always into bikes - so much so that I didn't even realise that there is/was a Porsche 996! 

Before the Westy, the closest thing I've had to a sporty car was a MkII Golf GTi 16v - I did like that one, but was still way too slow (compared to the bikes I had) to interest me as a wayward yoof :)

Mine is what spell checker suggested when I made a mess of typing my name.

Mine is what spell checker suggested when I made a mess of typing my name.

I had to be very careful when drafting stuff for my old boss in the MOD.  His surname was Crotty, spell checker reckoned it was Scrotum!   :laugh:

I bought a mug from one of those "Exit via the gift shop" outlets at a well known theme park.... You know the one that's not quite all there with the passenger safety.... Shortly after that started playing some online first person shootemups.... Was looking for a nick.... There is was on the mug....

What-Ho Blatters! Good to see you're still hovering about in the background! Hope the world is treating you well?  :t-up:

Pretty well thanks. You?

And yes, still lurking...  :oops:

I'm a maintenance engineer (electrical) and my name is Martin as there was 4 other electricians we are known as Sparkymart, Sparkymark.... And so on