URGENT APPEAL late XE oil pump

B.RAD

Hi All

Looks like the oil pump has failed on my XE, its a late engine - has anyone got a spare they could sell & get over to me asap? I have an event on Friday.... eek!

Cheers

Barny

Plenty on eBay, variety of prices to suit your budget but there's an FAI branded one at a decent cost. Search under Calibra oil pump

Thanks, I have seen those but have heard really bad things about the quality of the aftermarket pumps so was trying to avoid it. May have to give one a go and hope it doesn't end in disaster.

Fair point.

Not clear if this is a genuine GM pump or not but it possibly is judging by the grime!:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Astra-GSi-Turbo-Oil-Pump-Z20LET/181802108839?_trksid=p2045573.c100034.m2102&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140107092241%26meid%3D2ed244c730f64d26895f751d09c98857%26pid%3D100034%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D381281072588

I bought one from Autovaux a couple of years back and that was made by Kolbenschmidt which is an OE supplier so it might be worth giving them a call. I think it was around £85.00

I have something from my old Xe on a shelf but not sure if it was early or late engine

is there  a serial number on the pump that I can check?

Fair point.

I bought one from Autovaux a couple of years back and that was made by Kolbenschmidt which is an OE supplier so it might be worth giving them a call. I think it was around £85.00

I've had one of theirs too, seemed decent enough, the one i had.

Thanks Terry, if its a late one it should have an extra mounting lug for the timing belt tensioner, sort of top centre. Fingers crossed!

The link above from crash test dummy shows the right one :t-up:

Sorry but mine is different so must be early type with no extra lug

Ok thanks for looking Terry, I appreciate it.

Thanks, that looks like it could be just the job, I'll give them a call first thing in the morning!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.