Got her back

Ben30R

Well where do I start after buying my westy last year and a few track days under my belt decided to book her in with NMS for originally just a good check over service etc. After speaking to Troy and where I would like to be with the car decided I would buy off him a fully rebuilt Duratec with Jenvey TB'S here is engine spec

2.ltr Duratec

SBD cams

Vernier pulleys

Uprated springs and retainers

Ported head

Standard valves

SBD Omega pistons CR 12.5:1

SBD Carillo rods

Standard crank Lightened and balanced

Pace dry sump system

Titan 4 KG flyshweel

AP twin plate paddle clutch

Lightweight denso alternator

Jenvey throttle bodies

Air horns

Inlet manifold

Fuel rail

Bosch 450 cc injectors

New piston rings, bearings, timiing chain and tensioners.

My Plan was always to go Duratec but not quite so soon but we agreed on a deal which I couldn't turn down. So I dropped my car off hoping everything would be a straight forward swap ( wishful thinking I know on a job this big) but after weekly updates from Troy the only problem that I knew about was gearbox needed new seals. He took the box out and had it all checked and replace what needs be etc.

After installing a new radtec rad,swirl pot,fuel tank/pumps etc she was ready to be bedded in then dyno. Happy to say it all went swimmingly and she made 257bhp and 189 ft/lb of torque so should fill my adrenaline rush. Also while I was there decided to get them to fit a race technology dash 2 that looks beautiful.

Now looking forward to a few track days and a few sprints to see what it goes like. On first impression it seems great everything is a lot smoother and lovely power delivery.

Really just want to thank Troy,Steve,Chris & team for all there help and guidance being a newby to these cars and not very technically minded they answered all my question no doubt some pointless :).

Also For jet washing my trailer off looks good as new now.

• Like 2

Great result - how long did that take them?

What was the cam?

Great result - how long did that take them?

What was the cam?

Took them a few months was in no rush very neat install I'll get some pics up. They are SBD cams there newest Duratec cam.

Your car looked mint at NMS Ben, I was the guy that turned up just after you while they were washing your trailer

That's a mightily impressive service/check over. Well done, bet it's like driving a completely different car :d

Your car looked mint at NMS Ben, I was the guy that turned up just after you while they were washing your trailer

Cheers I had a sneaky look at yours ;) very nice. What was it in for?

That's a mightily impressive service/check over. Well done, bet it's like driving a completely different car :d

I've only drove it for about 10miles but must say seems very smooth oh and quick.

Cheers I had a sneaky look at yours ;) very nice. What was it in for?

Just a full geo setup, next step IVA   :suspect:

Just a full geo setup, next step IVA   :suspect:

Good luck with that :). What engine is in her? Loved the color as well

Nice spec, looking to do something similar with mine over winter, be very interest I your thoughts of how it works I the track!

Good luck with that :). What engine is in her? Loved the color as well

Standard S2000, need to learn how to drive it, this has about 100bhp more than the last one  :d

Oh and thanks on the colour, still a bit more detailing to go yet 

Standard S2000, need to learn how to drive it, this has about 100bhp more than the last one :d

Oh and thanks on the colour, still a bit more detailing to go yet

Is it standard engine 240bhp? A nice supercharger on that would be nice for the noise alone.

Yeah standard, need to learn how this before we start adding more power  ;)  :d